It is not true! Is It? People being forced into smaller houses

Im sure many dont want to share their home,how will they manage?

Technically if they are housing benefits, its not theirs.:)

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 14:45 ----------

I wouldn't recommend that someone with serious mental health problems, or with a learning disability, or anyone who is at risk of being exploited in any way by others, take in a lodger. So where does that leave them? In debt and at risk of homelessness is where.

I doubt they would become homeless because the council have a duty to provide accommodation; the councils need to get their act together to provide such accommodation, maybe turn some of the unused industrial building into smaller temporary accommodation.

Although I do think that instead of both parents having family homes that are only occupied by one parent half the week, a reasonable alternative is that the kids stay in one family home all week and the parents take it in turns to live in that home and in a 1 bed flat elsewhere. Why should the kids have to move between properties twice a week when the parents could be doing it instead?

I have often thought that.

I really feel for living out of suitcase / boxes kids........not so bad as toddlers but as they get older it is really tough on them.

I doubt they would become homeless because the council have a duty to provide accommodation; the councils need to get their act together to provide such accommodation, maybe turn some of the unused industrial building into smaller temporary accommodation.

That depend on the individuals circumstance and whether they are at any risk. The stupid thing is if there are no Council properties suitable then they may end up in a private B&B which will then cost the taxpayer more by increasing the benefits budget.

In April because of this law I will be deducted £9.21 per week in HB and to offset that I will no longer be paying for a TV license, house insurance or give any money to charity.

That depend on the individuals circumstance and whether they are at any risk. The stupid thing is if there are no Council properties suitable then they may end up in a private B&B which will then cost the taxpayer more by increasing the benefits budget.

In April because of this law I will be deducted £9.21 per week in HB and to offset that I will no longer be paying for a TV license, house insurance or give any money to charity.

I think you will probably end up in court then with a big fine to pay and the licence fee as well.

why is this in the Sheffield discssion area,its a national issue?

Technically if they are housing benefits, its not theirs.:)

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 14:45 ----------

Only if you become homeless first! They already have temporary accommodation, but to avoid unnecessary spending you have to try to avoid people becoming homeless in the first place. That gets very difficult if central government are forcing people into arrears and there is not enough smaller accommodation for them.

I think you will probably end up in court then with a big fine to pay and the licence fee as well.

why is this in the Sheffield discssion area,its a national issue?

They will have to prove that I use one first and that is not an easy thing to do.

I think there are a lot of people who haven't realised yet it might affect them.

Couples with 2 children of the same sex might be surprised to find that they are expected to share a bedroom until they are 16, and will not be entitled to a 3 bedroom property.

Children of home owners very often have to share a bedroom too, shock horror I knew three sisters all of over the age of 16 sharing a room when I was younger.

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 17:37 ----------

Although I do think that instead of both parents having family homes that are only occupied by one parent half the week, a reasonable alternative is that the kids stay in one family home all week and the parents take it in turns to live in that home and in a 1 bed flat elsewhere. Why should the kids have to move between properties twice a week when the parents could be doing it instead?

Never thought of that. brilliant solution-after all if the housing is being claimed for the kids why shouldn't they be the centre of it all.

They will have to prove that I use one first and that is not an easy thing to do.

Just to put you wide of the mark, it is very even very easy for them to prove you are watching television these days, so you will finnish up in court.

Just to put you wide of the mark, it is very even very easy for them to prove you are watching television these days, so you will finnish up in court.

Not necessarily true at all. A license is for watching live TV, not catch up tv etc. do some research on it, there are many people not paying the licence fee because it's not a law that you have to have one.

Personally for £10 a month it isn't worth the potential hassle, but I don't blame anyone that doesn't bother.

This is what I answered.

Not to get to technical about it you need a licence to receive (and transmit) radio wave's (signals)

Although i do believe you don't now need one for a radio?

just had a quick look first on google.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

Edited by kidley
added link

This is what I answered.

Short of seeing you sat in front of the box, it isn't easy for them at all.

So its gone from paying extra on your home to tv license:rolleyes:

I know of 2 couples who bought thier council property and as they got older needed a smaller one level property through ill health, hey presto given a bungalow from council and sold thier homes and made a huge profit, now that stinks:huh: