Sign in to follow this  

Locks on a child bedroom door??

I have recently heard something that has shocked me. I was wanting some advice on what to do.

I heard recently that someone I once new. Has put locks on her child's bedroom door.

This child has autism/adhd and when the child is on one she locks the child in the bedroom.

So he can't get out, iv known this for a few week.

As well as hearing a few Other worrying things. I know the person I heard it from would not make it up. Cos they have a close link to the person in question.

I feel concerned for the persons child, as this has to be a big health and safety risk. Specially when she goes sits on neighbours garden while his up stairs locked in.

What if their was a fire in house?? (God forbid)

Or if the child injured them self while Losing it's temper.

Ok this child can be aggresive but the child is 8. NO CHILD in my eyes should be locked in their bedroom door or be locked in.

I tried to forget what I was told but I cant , I don't know weather to contact parent.

As I once knew her and just ask her about it , or contact social services.

I know mother hardly has them and has never had a bond with this child .

She does not have a lock on other child's bedroom. It just seems wrong need advice please.

this can be closed I have had some advice and know what I am going to do. Thanks .

If its for the childs own safety then i dont see a problem. I have to say you sound very judgmental! may be walk a mile in her shoes before pass your judgement!

I hope to god you've acted sensibly and not created more problems, for what sounds like an already stressful situation!.

Q.

Why do we think it's okay to keep every child under the age of two cooped up behind bars?

A.

Because a cot is the safest place for a child of that age to be

Isn't it interesting how we're programmed to react to certain phrases?

Every parent will tell anybody that there are certain situations that you should 'walk away from' - but the reality is that you can only 'walk away' if you know that the space you are leaving the child in is a safe place for them

Is this garden also the best place to monitor the point at which the fuss has died down?

I hope you haven't just instigated something drastic enough to send this parent over the edge

Q.

Why do we think it's okay to keep every child under the age of two cooped up behind bars?

A.

Because a cot is the safest place for a child of that age to be

Isn't it interesting how we're programmed to react to certain phrases?

Every parent will tell anybody that there are certain situations that you should 'walk away from' - but the reality is that you can only 'walk away' if you know that the space you are leaving the child in is a safe place for them

Is this garden also the best place to monitor the point at which the fuss has died down?

I hope you haven't just instigated something drastic enough to send this parent over the edge

I know this parent well enough to know she is a selfish person. I did seek advice from someone at a professional level, that I know personally. This parent has had social services involved with them before. For certain situations that involved the children she has.

I think it is a disgrace to lock and bolt a child in their bedroom that has problems. They can't go in a cot because their not that age, why have a lock on one child's door and not another.

To lock a child in bedroom and then to go drinking round your neighbors. Is a disgrace in my eyes.

Thanks for advice I will stick with the advice I have been given. From someone I trust Thankyou.

If its for the childs own safety then i dont see a problem. I have to say you sound very judgmental! may be walk a mile in her shoes before pass your judgement!

I hope to god you've acted sensibly and not created more problems, for what sounds like an already stressful situation!.

You don't know this persons back ground, I am not judgmental. I have this info from a someone close to the women in question. I know her well enough to, Yet If I did nothing and the child got hurt , I would be slagged off for not saying anything and contacting the right people.

I have spoken to someone close to me, who professionally can advice me what is right and wrong. And what she would do and upon taking her advice, I have done nothing.

Like she said if the person telling me was quick to say summit, they will tell someone else that will report her.

Let them do it, and stand back not everyone is willing to turn a blind eye. And secondly I don't wish stress on this person. I would chat to them about it, I don't believe they w/ould lIsten eIther way.

So like I was informed leave her to it, the person who told me is already taking their own steps to put a stop to it.

Walk a mile in her shoes, I do I have a son with learning difficulties. I am a mum that is 29 has motor neurons, wheelchair dependent. I still cook, clean, do washing, manage my kids minus door locks.

I take my kids abroad every year and work as well as do my everything to give them what they need.

So thanks but I think walking in her shoes is much easier then walking in my own. :)

Edited by charlie9865