Fulwood area questions

I am if in other areas and same circumstances you don't.

Its the same circumstances thing though isn't it. Given that Hallam is the 11th wealthiest constituency.

If people in the area are daft enough to vote Clegg in, then they've got more money than sense, so fair enough.

Or they have had the sense to work hard to get money, and live in a nice area...

If people in the area are daft enough to vote Clegg in, then they've got more money than sense, so fair enough.
So you think he got 100% of the vote do you??????

The information you have all provided so far has been great...

Do any of you know if there are any activities or services in the Fulwood area that are suitable for a person who speaks limited English?

Are there any parent/toddler groups?

Thanks

Do any of you know if there are any activities or services in the Fulwood area that are suitable for a person who speaks limited English?

Thanks

This begs the question. What is someone with limited english doing for a living to be able to afford the house prices in FULWOOD?...

I speak good english as i am sheffield born and bred and i work for a living but i can't afford to buy in fulwood !

Edited by MikeOnline

Thanks

There's a variety of parent/toddler/baby groups at St Luke's Church in Lodge Moor and Christ Church in Fulwood. There's also a Sure Start Children's Centre based at Hallam School. I'm sure there are probably others. Regarding the activities and services for someone who speaks limited English, I'm afraid I don't know. Fulwood does have quite a large oriental community so there may be something.

This begs the question. What is someone with limited english doing for a living to be able to afford the house prices in FULWOOD?...

Working at the university as a visiting lecturer and renting in Fulwood? And maybe it's their spouse who isn't so good with a language that isn't their own? Happens quite often in Fulwood.

I speak good english but i can't afford to buy in fulwood !

'Family has moved from Kuwait and Dad is a consultant dermatologist at the hospital, they have moved to the Fulwood area, however Mum speaks very little English'

Speaking English is not a pre-requisite to wealth....

'Family has moved from Kuwait and Dad is a consultant dermatologist at the hospital, they have moved to the Fulwood area, however Mum speaks very little English'

I rest my case!

There's a variety of parent/toddler/baby groups at St Luke's Church in Lodge Moor and Christ Church in Fulwood. There's also a Sure Start Children's Centre based at Hallam School. I'm sure there are probably others. Regarding the activities and services for someone who speaks limited English, I'm afraid I don't know. Fulwood does have quite a large oriental community so there may be something.

I have already spoke with the children's centre at Hallam school and the services are geared towards families with very young babies

Baby Massage, breastfeeding support.... etc tec

will have a look for the information in Christ Church in Fulwood

I never said speaking english was a pre-requisite to wealth.;)

I have already spoke with the children's centre at Hallam school and the services are geared towards families with very young babies

Baby Massage, breastfeeding support.... etc tec

will have a look for the information in Christ Church in Fulwood

I had a feeling that might be the case with the Children's Centre but I wasn't certain so I thought it was worth mentioning. There are quite lot of hospital staff and academic staff who attend Christ Church. I'm pretty certain they'll be able to help you. St Luke's is good too, depends which one is nearest for them.