Free speech is it dead and buried?

So what is your complaint? What free speech has been stopped?

Examples, please

What complaint?

it seems to a lot of people that I come in contact with that our freedom of expression is now seriously curtailed by the P.C. brigade.

Examples, please

What complaint?

So you are complaining that "our freedom of expression is now seriously curtailed" but you can't come up with any examples of this free speech being stopped?

Erm...

What complaint?

You appear to be complaining in your first post that people can't say what they want or post what they want online:

'If like me you think that the right to speak freely and honestly without the threat of litigation or as on line forums are concerned banned'

You appear to be complaining in your first post that people can't say what they want or post what they want online:

'If like me you think that the right to speak freely and honestly without the threat of litigation or as on line forums are concerned banned'

This was not a complaint it was an invite for people who are interested in free speech [all of us ?] to attend if they so wish meetings taking place in Sheffield this week

Others are turning the post into some thing else.

Still its a free country and they can say what they like!!! can they not.

P.S. I did not say that people should be allowed to post what they like on line I said that they should be allowed to post honestly and that means just that, I.E. Without useing racist or litagious remarks.

Edited by dafodil

Deleted message

I know why you deleted! was it due to being afraid of free speech or did you realise that you are wrong.

I know why you deleted! was it due to being afraid of free speech or did you realise that you are wrong.

Err, if you know already then why ask?

I couldn't be bothered to engage with the kind of moron who thinks that Baa Baa Black Sheep has been banned.

Others are turning the post into some thing else.

Your OP was let down by the fact that the only limit on free speech you quoted was the PC Brigade, without even saying who they are and what they do to limit free speech. If you hadn't put that in, or removed it and apologised for it, or even tried to justify it, then we wouldn't be going round in circles. The meeting may be a good idea but with the PC quote you presented it as if it's a get-together for Daily Mail readers, and so have done yourself no favours.

Examples, please

i think thats obvious, they just want to go round calling people p words and n words and b words and c words lol

I can give a few examples.

1 Sheffield City Council banning the song baa baa black sheep as it has racist conotations

2 Sheffield City Council chaninging the certificates for swimming because they see it as racist.

3 Sure Start Sheffield banning Christmas (now I'm an athiest but people should be allowed to celebrate whatever they want).

4. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/police-intervene-in-battle-of-offensive-china-pigs-1157337.htm

Do you want anymore examples?

Others have pointed out that 1 & 3 are untrue. 4 is an odd one; the woman was clearly out to cause offence, but I'd probably take her side.

2 is the only one I can't find anything about. Can you provide some kind of evidence that you didn't just make it up?

I couldn't be bothered to engage with the kind of moron who thinks that Baa Baa Black Sheep has been banned.

Who is that person please tell.

Ah! I have just found it it was woodmally.

Perhaps you will apologise for thinking it was me.

Edited by dafodil