Are most 'pirates' tracked?

Here's the short of it:

as pointed by dosxuk, if you leech and don't seed (0 kb upload), then there is no actionable tort (you haven't redistributed an infringing copy,.

I am 95% sure that when iv got a few kb downloaded already it starts seeding straight away, am sure it doesn't just seed out when downloads complete and it says seeding...(this is when the torrents get deleted btw)

i don't mind catching fish and stealing boats but when it comes to sharing theres no point, tbh im glad not everybody thinks like me other wise i wouldn't have been able to do what i do..

Their is no way i will ever "pay" for software-dvds-music or anything else you can put on a laptop/ps3/iphone.

you pay for the hardware yeah but not for anything else

I am 95% sure that when iv got a few kb downloaded already it starts seeding straight away, am sure it doesn't just seed out when downloads complete and it says seeding...(this is when the torrents get deleted btw)

That's right - you don't have to complete the download for it seed to others.

I think most torrent clients let you turn seeding off, but you might get banned from the tracker.....

Their is no way i will ever "pay" for software-dvds-music or anything else you can put on a laptop/ps3/iphone.

With that logic, you'd soon have nothing at all to "put on your laptop/ps3/iphone" :rolleyes:

I take it that you only download freeware, and nothing commercial at all, of course?

Thank God most people still do the normal/decent thing and pay developers, artists and authors for their work: it's people like who gives P2P such a bad name.

Why not? Why do you think you should be entitled to everything for free?

Why not? Why do you think you should be entitled to everything for free?

I don't say i am entitled to everything for free. I just don't like the fact that people pay money for things they could get for free. i see 5 or 6 cd's at hmv, their gonna cost me £50.. thats £50 i don't have to spend on those things so i go home and get them for free.

I just don't like the fact that people pay money for things they could get for free.

You should consider this a good thing, as if everybody copied you, then none of you would get free stuff.

You should consider this a good thing, as if everybody copied you, then none of you would get free stuff.

I do see this as a good thing.. i look at the other guy loob... think to my self if he/she likes the same style movies n music as i do, in the past few months they've gone n baught the albums n paid cinema prices... ill laugh in their face as they've forked out alot of money for something widely available for free

I do see this as a good thing.. i look at the other guy loob... think to my self if he/she likes the same style movies n music as i do, in the past few months they've gone n baught the albums n paid cinema prices... ill laugh in their face as they've forked out alot of money for something widely available for free
Wooooosh! That is the sound of irony flying right over your head :hihi:

If nobody paid then no more movies or music would be made. Think about it.

You underestimate artists. You think no more music would be made if no-one paid for it?