England-Sheffield should be so proud.

Let's straighten this out two blades academy players represented England tonight, is that correct?

It is, but 3 of the England 11 have played for the Blades:|

Walker was most involved of the 3, some great crossing, lots of simple passes and again should his pace.

4 caps and a 100% win rate.

best centre half england had peter swann sheffield lad jack charlton would never had a cap had swanny not been involed in bribe scandal

best centre half england had peter swann sheffield lad jack charlton would never had a cap had swanny not been involed in bribe scandal

South Elmsall lad.

Lets face it they played a pub side,only watched the 1st half and Walker and Chambelain both gave the ball away too much,as for the other 2 lads,me grandma could have defeneded against this lot,lets see how they peform against the jam rolls.

Howard Wilkinson, okay didn't play for England, but managed them for a time

His own website says Rotherham.

Yes it does Jim, but we'll adopt him because he was brilliant

You must be joking!

You must be joking!

Well according to alf ramsey,swanny was top of his list,so cant see why you think he is joking.

Well according to alf ramsey,swanny was top of his list,so cant see why you think he is joking.

He possibly was Gazza, but sadly only they knew why they threw their careers away :loopy:

I would normally try to defend an owls player,but there is no excuse for what they did.

You should read the book. Peter Swann, Setting the record straight. Not all black and white as in all things in life. I only read it about six months ago. Glad I did.

Three ex United players start in the England line up tonight Jags, Walker and Cahill (loanee). 2 sheffield born players.

Jags and Walker have come through the Utd ranks, and still follow the Blades, Jags has been to the Lane this season and Walker was at Orient.

Both a credit to the club

Cahill is/was an Owl fan as a kid (no accounting for lack of education ;) )

3 PLAYERS OF WHICH SHEFFIELD SHOULD BE VERY PROUD.

Every time there is an England game, this tired and very tenuous thread gets started.

For relevance, it's like suggesting Brian Deane is the Premier League's most celebrated scorer because he scored the first Premier League goal.

i.e. it's largely irrelevant.

These players once played for you when you were a better side.

That's all.

That's nothing to celebrate now, and it just highlights that you have nothing else to celebrate now.

Maybe us Owls can celebrate Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain because his Dad is a former Owl. That's not much more tenuous than what you guys keep drooling over.