The star newspaper

Awful, awful, awful! Like someone has said only Saturdays is worth(!) buying cos of retro

The readers might 'love it' but they are still deserting it in their droves.....priced at 65p? No thanks!

We had a couple of blokes come to our door in very smart clothing, looked liked well groomed CID. Turned out they were from the star tring to sell weekly subscriptions.

They were a little too good turned out to be your Eon / window doorstep sellers.

We had a couple of blokes come to our door in very smart clothing, looked liked well groomed CID. Turned out they were from the star tring to sell weekly subscriptions.

They were a little too good turned out to be your Eon / window doorstep sellers.

Yea, we've had them at least 3 times in the last couple of weeks, I just tell them im not interested as its rubbish, then the little one starts screeming his head off cos i've put him down, they soon scarper! :hihi:

I always make a beeline for The Star whenever I visit my folks Sheffield. It's never really changed since I was a little kid. Amateur journalism, appalling proof-reading. They can still make a minor chip pan fire in Chapeltown into headline news. For a big city newspaper, it's so bad it's good. I always find it to be reassuringly boring.

The readers might 'love it' but they are still deserting it in their droves.....priced at 65p? No thanks!

Maybe i was a misprimt and he meant 'reader' not 'readers'

According to the editor Jeremy Clifford the newspaper's journalists and designers have worked for months to revamp the paper. The company hired the best designers in the world apparently, who I understand are from Barcelona, to create a modern, fresh and bright product, apparently.He also says the readers love it ... so there!

The editor said it. Well he had to didn't he !

Its absolutely Garbage! and the peoples champion whats that all about?

Its absolutely Garbage! and the peoples champion whats that all about?

Whoever gets the big fat cheque for market research must be avoiding asking SF members :)

Whoever gets the big fat cheque for market research must be avoiding asking SF members

Well...I had a skim through the all new singing & dancing Sheffield Star today (er...confession. I didn't buy it..just looked at it in WH Smith :hihi:)

The layout & typeface style makes it look more like the Metro now. Yes, it does look refreshed. But the contents & style of journalism don't appear to be any different. It still hasn't convinced me to pay 65p for a local paper that's just been prettied up.

I always make a beeline for The Star whenever I visit my folks Sheffield. It's never really changed since I was a little kid. Amateur journalism, appalling proof-reading. They can still make a minor chip pan fire in Chapeltown into headline news. For a big city newspaper, it's so bad it's good. I always find it to be reassuringly boring.

Did you notice the photo with this story? the chip pan was a WOK.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The company hired the best designers in the world apparently, who I understand are from Barcelona....

Maybe that´s why I always think of Fawlty Towers when I read it.

The Star website currently has an article on its news front page whose headline is $topOnePic.get(0).name. Click on the article and the headline reads $content.name.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news

The article is about the A628 being blocked - obviously.