Electric heaters wanted urgent please.

OK, It was no problem to help. I could have been with you in half an hour.

Glad to hear Kier are dropping you some heaters off.

Got here a little too late to be of any help myself, but wanted to say this is Sheffield Forum at its best! Solid advice. Practical help. And the OP clearly on top of things. So glad Kier is sorting the problem for you.

Got here a little too late to be of any help myself, but wanted to say this is Sheffield Forum at its best! Solid advice. Practical help. And the OP clearly on top of things. So glad Kier is sorting the problem for you.

Indeed it is!

Edited by mumkin

I agree with you both about sheffield forumers...they are the best!

Its so lovely when someone is in need of advice, help or just someone to talk to, you lovely people are only a type away!

Anyway..just to update you all, kier have been fantastic! i phoned up and within the hour they sent a lovely man that replaced my valve on the boiler, hey presto...heating and hot water!! so fast!

I was wondering if i should put in a compliment :huh: like a complaint but the opposite! :hihi:

Kier do get slated sometimes but they gone above and beyond for me today and im truely grateful, just like iam to all of you, especially plain talker! still cannot get my head round someone willing to catch a half an hour bus ride and drop off a heater to someone they dont know and wants nothing in return...well apart from the heater back :hihi:, no seriously...thanks plain talker, hopefully i will be in a position to help you out one day! xx

Cheers enepsigos. It was a case of "you needed a heater, and I had one", and you would have been more than welcome to borrow it till Kier sorted the heating out for you. I didn't see why I shouldn't lend it to you, so you had warmth.

I have had heating break downs, myself, and I know how awful it can be without heat, even indoors! We had a power cut here the other week, so I didn't even have the gas fire (It's connected to the electric for the unusual powered flue, so wouldn't work/ would not have been safe to attempt to use) and couldn't use the fan heater.

I'm pleased to hear that they were so very quick at sorting the boiler.