Electric heaters wanted urgent please.

my boiler has just broke down and the council cannot come out until monday afternoon! its freezing in my home and i have not got any spare funds at all to buy any electric heaters to put me on. so i was wondering if any of you very kind sheffielders have any electric heaters that i could borrow please. i can collect and drop them back off to you once my heating has been sorted.

We have not got any carpets laid either which is making the house feel colder...i would be ever so grateful! xx

Council as in Kier Sheffield?

If it is Kier, give them a call and ask for some. They deliver them, and they're yours to put you on. My ex works for Kier (gas section) and used to have loads - Kier never collected them back from me so I gave them a cat shelter a few winters back :) Do you have hot water and a gas fire? Because if you have neither, they cannot make you wait that long, though they'll try. You should be put onto a 24hr call out, without hot water if you're (or live with) an OAP or chilren. Same for no heating AND no gas fire.

i have no fire at all whether it be electric or gas! i dont have children at home but i do have hot water because i can boil it from the kettle xx

what area are you in? I have a heater I could lend you

im on southey green road, near wadsly bridge shops? xx

do you want me to bring it over? (I can get a bus straight there, I think)

You have no means of heating then? Kier will provide them free of charge. Give them a call. They're little plug in fan heaters but they work.

do you want me to bring it over?

if you could that would be fantastic! you will get it back i promise and i will look after it, i will pm you my address, thanks again xx

do you want me to bring it over? (I can get a bus straight there, I think)

i didnt realise you was catching a bus to get to me...dont bother then, honestly its fine, im going to ring kier to see if they will drop some off for me. i dont want you going out of your way just for me! if i have no luck with kier i will get straight back to you...we have a car so it would be easier for us to collect...anyway, lets see what kier says first.

Im truely thankful for your offer though xxx

if you could that would be fantastic! you will get it back i promise and i will look after it, i will pm you my address, thanks again xx

give me a mobile/ house number in the PM, and I will call you when I am near

it's no problem, at all

straight on the bus here, and straight off the bus at the other end.

it's no problem, at all

straight on the bus here, and straight off the bus at the other end.

thank you ever so much but ive just phoned kier and they are sending someone out today! thank god for that.

Thank you so much though, it was a really kind offer and thanks to the other posts offer advice...very kind xxx