Baits/hook hidden ?

has anybody else noticed when you watch the angling programmes they tell you to make sure the hook is hidden within the bait when you bait direct onto the hook but then when you use a hair rig the hook is fully visible???it has always baffled me that one !

I only hair rig when feeder/bomb fishing but I know a lot of anglers that use it on the pole or waggler.

If you do try to put all your hook into a bait make sure to point is showing, even with hook baits like casters.

if i'm using a soft bait i bury the hook as it will pull through but i leave the point showing otherwise. the best thing to do is experiment and see which gives the best bite/hooking ratio.

when fishing caster for roach you sometimes have to bury the hook if they're being cautious and spit it out if they feel the point. i've buried the hook in maggots before when the fish have been wary, especially in clear water.

has anybody else noticed when you watch the angling programmes they tell you to make sure the hook is hidden within the bait when you bait direct onto the hook but then when you use a hair rig the hook is fully visible???it has always baffled me that one !

If the bait is fished on the bottom with a hair rig Alf the hook will be hardly visible as it is amongst the silt etc on the bottom of the pond. Float fished hair rigs seem to work too when fished with pellets if the hook is tight up to the pellet I have found.