Simpkins sweet factory.

Does any one remember anyone who worked at Simpkins Sweet Factory on Hilsborough between either Brier St or Roselle St and Hunter Rd.my late wife worked there late 1950s. J.Sheldon.

My mum, Joan Bell, worked there for short time in the late 50s. Her younger sister, Nellie Sanders, worked there for many years 50s to late 60s/ early 70s. I remember work colleagues of theirs called Flo Dale, Doreen ? (blonde hair) and Mrs Irving/Irvine.

A.L. Simpkin & Co. Banked with Barclays, Hillsboro early 60's but can't remember the faces of the people paying in for them.

Did they used to have a shop on Middlewood Rd?

Did they used to have a shop on Middlewood Rd?

never had a shop the factory was on Brier St or Rossele St of M/wood Rd.

Does any one remember anyone who worked at Simpkins Sweet Factory on Hilsborough between either Brier St or Roselle St and Hunter Rd.my late wife worked there late 1950s. J.Sheldon.

my brother in law was an accountant there. he is 74 now and his name is roy bramall

Whow that brings back memories,,My first job after leaving school in 1962 was with keep&roebuck electrical contractors, the first job I went on was rewiring the offices at Simkins,,I couldn't see to work because the air was so full of mint and my eyes were watering all day

It's still there on Roselle street and when you are shopping on Hillsborough you can tell which flavour sweets they are making just by the smell in the air.

I worked there for 3 and a half years after leaving school in 1992 , I still like the smell of the factory when I’m in Hillsborough .

Anyone remember the Beal triplets they lived on Wisewood

On 19/02/2019 at 15:53, bazza63 said:

Anyone remember the Beal triplets they lived on Wisewood

Mary Margret and Muriel I think. Mary and Margret were there when I was Muriel if I remember her name properly had left many years before and settled in Norwich, I still see Mary although I haven’t for a while walking down to her allotment.