Your right to speak to an OFSTED inspector.

Ofsted welcome comments and opinion from parents.

However, barging into a school and demanding to see one when there is an inspection going on is highly inappropriate and probably won't be entertained. They inspectors have a strict schedule.

If you want to raise an issue, contact them direct:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/contact-us

But Ofsted will probably want to see evidence you've raised your grievances with the school, governors and council first.

Ofsted says:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/inspection--forms-and-guides/s/School%20inspections%20a%20guide%20for%20parents.doc

How can I make my views known?

If you are the registered parent of a child at the school, the school will send you a letter notifying you of the dates of the inspection. This letter provides you with details and options for providing your views. Our survey site, Parent View, is the main source of gathering parents’ views about a school. Inspectors will use the views expressed on Parent View when inspecting your child’s school.

Can I speak to the inspectors?

You may have the chance to speak to the inspectors during the inspection, for example at the start of the school day. The inspection administrators will be happy to pass on messages to the inspectors and may be able to arrange telephone conversations if you are unable to speak to them in person. Their contact details will be in the letter that tells you about the inspection. Please remember that inspectors cannot deal with complaints concerning individual pupils or settle disputes between you and the school.

My intention was to stop the school portraying the wrong image. I was also annoyed at how many "problem kids" were excluded the day before the inspection.

Sadly this isn't unique. Have a look at the OFSTED thread on the Edugeek website, its full of stories of teachers running around like headless chickens, making unreasonable demands, all because they can't be bothered doing the job they're paid to, but suddenly feel they have to do it by the book when they're watched.

Can you imagine a surgeon operating on you in a sloppy fashion and only following procedures when he's being watched?

I've seen a few schools panic when Ofsted are due in, frantic redecoration and the hiding of the problem kids. Ofsted inspectors must think all kids smell of paint!

Mod Note

Off topic and insulting posts have been removed, kindly keep the discussion on topic and civil.