Rotherham Advanced Manufacturing Park (Waverley)

At last, some good positive news could be on the cards amongst all the doom and gloom about the recession and further redundancies. Plans to expand the Advanced Manufacturing Park at Catcliffe have been unveiled by Harworth Estates. They want to clear and level 12 acres of scrubland at the north east end of the site so that it can be combined with 30 acres of development land to create a single site as big as the Advanced Manufacturing Park.

If Rotherham Council gives Harworth the go ahead, it would bring the size of the total AMP site up to 164 acres – all within the new Enterprize Zone, agreed earlier this year by the Government.

Personally speaking, I can't see Rotherham Council rejecting the planning application.

The last time that I heard about the Rotherham Council - they had signed for an Chinese theme park to be built in Rotherham (that is also an Enterprise zone)

I wonder if this is the same thing. I haven't heard nothing about the Chinese theme park for a while now. But I love the idea - reason being more jobs.

Rolls Royce Trent engine facility???

I sincerely hope you are right.

The Advanced Blade Casting Facility (ABCF) is a new facility being constructed at the Advanced Manufacturing Park, Rotherham. This facility will deliver a step change in the methods used to cast Advanced Single Crystal Turbine Blades and will be focused on the production of high and intermediate Pressure Turbine Blade Castings for large Civil Trent Engines. Construction has begun and the first components will be delivered in 2014.

Has information about timeline, jobs etc

The Advanced Blade Casting Facility (ABCF) is a new facility being constructed at the Advanced Manufacturing Park, Rotherham. This facility will deliver a step change in the methods used to cast Advanced Single Crystal Turbine Blades and will be focused on the production of high and intermediate Pressure Turbine Blade Castings for large Civil Trent Engines. Construction has begun and the first components will be delivered in 2014.

Has information about timeline, jobs etc

That has already started (im looking at it now), the project that the OP has posted about is something compleatly new.

Brilliant news that the site is going to be extended as it will mean more jobs during construction and even more when built

The last time that I heard about the Rotherham Council - they had signed for an Chinese theme park to be built in Rotherham (that is also an Enterprise zone)

I wonder if this is the same thing. I haven't heard nothing about the Chinese theme park for a while now. But I love the idea - reason being more jobs.

It was on the radio this week that this project is still 'on'