The Star going up again.

the green un is now 1 10 as of sat 13th oct

I went in my local newsagents this morning and paid 60p for The Star and noticed that he had Green'un's left over from Saturday which he had never had before and they were priced £1.10 so I suspect that had increased as well.

Who bets the sales will now plummet, they were dropping off before the price increase.

£1.10 for the green un!!!!!!!

Geeez!

£1.10 for the green un!!!!!!!

Geeez!

Same headline every week..UTD DRAW,OWLS LOSE !! worth every penny :rolleyes:

I hear the Sheffield Star newspaper is to go up by 10p to 60p next week.

How can they justify that when it's now only wafer thin to what it used to be , not to mention all the mistakes that are made.

Why buy it? when you can read it on the net.

Why buy it? when you can read it on the net.

You know mate, that is so true. Its just pointless moaning about the cost of ANY newspaper as there is more news available on the net, and lets face it, we are all on the net judging by the crap thats posted on SF day in, day out...............:hihi:

the Star is reacting to external pressures in these tough times. Other services rise their prices and the star as a business is no different. It saddens me to see so many slate it when there is no other publication around that devotes six days a week to sheffield news, sports etc.

I get the feeling many won't know what they've got until it's gone. Imagine a city the size of sheffield relying on a WEEKLY newspaper! unthinkable.

The final throw of their dice maybe to charge for access to the newspapers web page

Times loses almost 90% of online readership

I doubt if 10% of The Star's current online visitors could keep it going.

I don't visit their site now, and it's free!

the Star is reacting to external pressures in these tough times. Other services rise their prices and the star as a business is no different. It saddens me to see so many slate it when there is no other publication around that devotes six days a week to sheffield news, sports etc.

I get the feeling many won't know what they've got until it's gone. Imagine a city the size of sheffield relying on a WEEKLY newspaper! unthinkable.

It isn't the Sheffield Star anymore it's just the Star. Covering Doncaster, Rotherham and Barnsley too, we don't want to know about a litter bin crisis in Barnsley. Also for a daily it's news is often very old, citing discussion had here on SF ( word for word) but not giving credit for the source. Lack of proof reading and lazy writing make it a painful read.

The Star is running a major campaign for advirtising revenue ! droping rates to attract custom, but who wants to place advirts at their rates, with a falling circulation, and the Web a more effective,cheaper option with a much larger customer audience?

It isn't the Sheffield Star anymore it's just the Star. Covering Doncaster, Rotherham and Barnsley too, we don't want to know about a litter bin crisis in Barnsley. Also for a daily it's news is often very old, citing discussion had here on SF ( word for word) but not giving credit for the source. Lack of proof reading and lazy writing make it a painful read.

Lack of proof-reading? See underlined bits!