The Star going up again.

The Telegraph was increased to 95p recently.

Do you mean the Daily Telegraph or the Sheffield Telegraph?

The Manchester evening news and London evening standard are both free in the city centre to increase circulation and advertising revenue, wonder why the Star hasn't gone down this route.

The web site is actually pretty poor,looks like it takes about 10 mins to set up,if you look at say the daily mail web site you realise how far behind they are.

Agree they have to do something radical like make it free in the city if it is going to survive.

Further to my post yesterday the Sheffield Telegraph is now £1.00. Can anyone confirm or deny the first post on this thread, is The Star increasing to 60p or not.

Too right jeffrey shaw. Wish my take home pay went up 20% per annum.

Just wondered if you were able to share where you heard it from? Im a trainee journalist at University of Sheffield and, if it is going up in price, I may make it a subject of an interview. Thanks

Just wondered if you were able to share where you heard it from? Im a trainee journalist at University of Sheffield and, if it is going up in price, I may make it a subject of an interview. Thanks

Have a look on The Star facebook site. Think the price increase is mentioned on there.

Further to my post yesterday the Sheffield Telegraph is now £1.00. Can anyone confirm or deny the first post on this thread, is The Star increasing to 60p or not.

Iv just been to shop now and owner says they are going up to 60p from tomorrow.

According to an article on "The World This Weekend", Johnson Press are revamping a lot of their regional newspapers (an excuse for putting the price up). I think they want more people to subscribe (this will give them some idea about circulation numbers.

One paper was mentioned which is showing a 5% decline in sales.

Further to my post yesterday the Sheffield Telegraph is now £1.00. Can anyone confirm or deny the first post on this thread, is The Star increasing to 60p or not.[/quote

Actually says so in yesterdays Star full page advert wanting people to subscribe and save money.... I think I know a way to save even more......:)