Neck and shoulder

For many years I have suffered with tight neck and shoulder muscles, would I need a physio or some other kind of massage technique.

where would I start to find someone who's qualified to carry out such treatment, don't really want to be visiting certain locations I've seen around Sheffield.

Any ideas ?

I recently had something like that. Went to Doctors first who sent me to hospital for physio. After a few sessions, they arranged for me to go to another department for accupuncture. Immediate relief......see your gp first is what I'd suggest.

Sorry I should have mentioned years ago I did and I had some physio, but I still get it especially when the weather drops, so would like to find somewhere I can go as regular as I wish.

Do you work with computers jonny121? It could be a repetative strain injury from typing. Alternatively it might be caused by a sport you're participating in. If there's something you're doing in your life that's causing muscle strain you might want to see an occupational therapist or try to reduce the strains by reducing the cause? A long hot bath with radox might help if you submerge your shoulders and neck when the muscles tighten up.

I don't work with computers and have tryed all the stretching that seems to make it worse, tried hot baths and totally fed up of taking numours amounts of pain killers.

I go running and biking that loosens me up for a short time then it comes back.

More in the winter than summer, but thanks