Sheffield Local TV - Sheffield Live

Have you seen Corrie lately? Since Ken came back from his holiday he's taken to wearing his shirt unbuttoned almost to his belly button!

Wasn't he in court for 'allegedly' doing the same thing :hihi:

Wasn't he in court for 'allegedly' doing the same thing :hihi:

No, that was for fiddling a minor.

Anyway back to the subject before the mods get their knickers in a twist......

I'm hoping that this channel starts to get more content, because all it seems to be at the moment is a simulcast of the radio station with a few web cams chucked in

Are people actually surprised it was dire? I grew up in Manchester and so had the joys of occasionally watching "Channel M". That was dire as well.

London Live has an audience potentially of what, 8 million people. That is struggling by all accounts.

No, that was for fiddling a minor.

It's disgusting. As if they haven't been through enough since Thatcher destroyed their industry. This country!

Are people actually surprised it was dire? I grew up in Manchester and so had the joys of occasionally watching "Channel M". That was dire as well.

Same here, good news coverage but repeated ad nauseum and lots of filler material.

I had to laugh at the female presenter. She was so ' plain Jane ' looked like she hadn't made an effort at all, her hair was a right mess. It was all so amateurish it seemed like a spoof classroom effort ! :shakes:

I've totally changed my mind about SLTV. I was prepared to give it a go when they first talked about it, but now I definitely think OfCom should revoke their licence immediately. They have totally failed to deliver anything close to what they promissed in their initial bid to operate the channel. At least London Live has proper programmes made by properly trained and experienced TV crews.

Also why all the asian music etc? Ethnic minorities account for less than 10% of the population within the channel's Freeview catchment area. Bear in mind we are all paying for this shambles through the TV licence fee (the channel has major funding through the BBC), so if we're ALL paying the output should be geared to ALL of us.

Where have they found these terrible people? They're not the radio presenters. I know for a fact many of the radio volunteers had their programme ideas snubbed and some have even gone down the motorway to Notts TV, where they have, by all accounts, received a warm welcome.

Technically, the opening night broadcast was shockingly bad. The fact some of the people there are volunteers shold not have any bearing on their capabilities. Just because they don't get paid, doesn't mean excuses should be made for them and theior obvious lack of training and / or skills. These days there are school kids working on their home computer who can key out a green screen properly, so why can't the people at Sheffield Live manage it? They've had two whole years to practice?

To sum up, the content is poor, the production is worse and the whole business model fatally flawed. BBC and ITV struggle to get an audience for their local news, so why do we need more?

Until they can come back with shows of the creativity and quality of Strictly, Eastenders, Family Guy, QI, HIGNFY, Corrie etc, they should do the decent thing, admit defeat, hand back their licence and let someone else broadcast who can actually deliver what they promise!

Have you seen Corrie lately? Since Ken came back from his holiday he's taken to wearing his shirt unbuttoned almost to his belly button!

I think he has forgotten to put his cravatt on :hihi: anyhow who sits around in a two up two down terraced all day in a Blazer job lot all day. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

If they want it to continue they need to sell some ad space.

In the states the local stations have ads from loads of local businesses, clearly it's pretty cheap to advertise on local telly because you get all sorts of random things like the local take away advertising.

Is it possible to get this channel on Sky by putting in the appropriate frequency etc? If so what are the required numbers?

Too much stuff I see on TV is all London based, would be nice to see more of Sheffield