Sheffield Local TV - Sheffield Live

Well they must be a bit dim at this station, what with clashing the launch with the local news on BBC ONE...

Anyway, what "local cable network" is this then? I thought only Virgin operated within Sheffield these days?

---------- Post added 23-09-2014 at 14:25 ----------

Just checked the website. I would wager a lot of people in Sheffield dont point their aerial at Crosspool so wont be able to get the station.

http://www.sheffieldlive.org/sheffield-live-tv-how-and-what-to-watch/

Freeview Channel 8

Virgin Cable Channel 159

Just checked the website. I would wager a lot of people in Sheffield dont point their aerial at Crosspool so wont be able to get the station.

You're right. Anyone to the east of Manor Top probably won't.

So much typical negativity; the quality of the content will reflect those partaking in it.

So much typical negativity; the quality of the content will reflect those partaking in it.

Local TV is a dead duck. ITV barely bothers with regional programming as it is and the BBC do the bare minimum, in the age of the Internet it is utterly pointless splitting it down to even smaller areas than Yorkshire or "Granada".

Just found out the scheduling for tonight's launch (for some inexplicable reason featuring Crookes) ...

6.30 'Bolehill Abbey'. In tonight's launch of this gripping new drama set in Edwardian Crookes, the Crawley's are visited unexpectedly by none other than Lord Hunter-Skrivensbar. Things turn nasty when he tries to impose a 4mph horse-drawn carriage speed limit along Netherfield Road.

8.00 'Crookes Crime Scene Investigates'. Detectives try to solve the case of the missing (presumably kidnapped) umbrella, last seen on Slinn Street on the evening of July 17th.

9.00 'Flog it for what it's worth!' This opening episode sees contestants vie to barter for the best tat from the many charity shops in Crookes, before auctioning it on Ebay.

10.00 'Air Crash Investigation' Investigators use computer simulation and Sellotape to piece together the last moments of the fated red kite which crashed on the Bolehills on the evening of July 17th after being hit by a mystery 'umbrella-shaped' object.

11.00 FILM 'Speed 5'. Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock head the cast in this gripping action film remake set in Crookes. Will the 52 bus drop below 5mph along the notorious main Crookes road? Explosive action aplenty!

1.00am Close.

Just found out the scheduling for tonight's launch (for some inexplicable reason featuring Crookes) ...

6.30 'Bolehill Abbey'. In tonight's launch of this gripping new drama set in Edwardian Crookes, the Crawley's are visited unexpectedly by none other than Lord Hunter-Skrivensbar. Things turn nasty when he tries to impose a 4mph horse-drawn carriage speed limit along Netherfield Road.

8.00 'Crookes Crime Scene Investigates'. Detectives try to solve the case of the missing (presumably kidnapped) umbrella, last seen on Slinn Street on the evening of July 17th.

9.00 'Flog it for what it's worth!' This opening episode sees contestants vie to barter for the best tat from the many charity shops in Crookes, before auctioning it on Ebay.

10.00 'Air Crash Investigation' Investigators use computer simulation and Sellotape to piece together the last moments of the fated red kite which crashed on the Bolehills on the evening of July 17th after being hit by a mystery 'umbrella-shaped' object.

11.00 FILM 'Speed 5'. Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock head the cast in this gripping action film remake set in Crookes. Will the 52 bus drop below 5mph along the notorious main Crookes road? Explosive action aplenty!

1.00am Close.

I'm sorted for tonight then.

1.00am Close.

Beats the X-Factor...

i'm off to my UKIP meeting! more indepth and realistic. beats anything that any news, parliament, drama, documentary, sheffield or other tv channels can offer.

i have to change my pants first. i've laughed so much watching the promises at the labour conference, i've wet myself!

The bus won't go faster than 5mph in the first place and therefore the bomb won't arm :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Has anyone managed to find Sheffield Live TV on the internet?

All the links just seem to bring up the radio.

Watching on virgin they having technical problems at the moment.

lol what a farce hope they sort it out..

Edited by jon&emma

What an embarrassment! The poor girls sitting there squirming as a news report is still playing in the background after she's moved on to another topic! The screen went blank and then we were treated to a song from the local Indian restaurant! At the moment a selection of adverts are being screened.:help:

Let's hope it gets better!