Sheffield Local TV - Sheffield Live

As an aerial engineer in Sheffield for 24 years or so, I can tell you that far more people get a signal form the main Emley Moor transmitter and, in South Sheffield, the Belmont transmitter in Lincolnshire than use Crosspool.

Therefore, I think the whole thing is misguided, and will never be a financial go-er.

Technology has moved on - it is far cheaper, and will reach far more people, to set up a Youtube channel for this (even if there is the demand, which I doubt).

Then people from anywhere can view it, not just those on Crosspool - even Sheffield people that have moved away, but would still like to know what's happening.

Thank you for confirming what I already thought was the case.

As someone who lives in South Sheffield, I cannot remember seeing a single antenna that didn't point to Emley Moor.

I also remember looking up Crosspool transmitter when Digital first was coming and it was meant to supply signal to a TINY percentage of Sheffield that were obstructed due to the geography from the primary transmitters.

So like you said, this Sheffield TV channel can never work unless they put it online or convince Virgin to finally cable up the rest of us who were dropped when they took over from Telewest (who WERE planning to cable my end of the street).

No one I know can receive it after trying numerous times to auto tune. Is there a channel or frequency that can be manually added and then play with indoor antennas.

I don't know how it has come about but it has suddenly appeared between BBC3 and BBC4 .I am currently watching someone throwing up after eating chocolate and anchovys,I may not revisit.

I receive it on Freeview channel 8 in S8, which is South Sheffield I believe? (Geography was never one of my strong subjects.)

Thank you for confirming what I already thought was the case.

As someone who lives in South Sheffield, I cannot remember seeing a single antenna that didn't point to Emley Moor.

I also remember looking up Crosspool transmitter when Digital first was coming and it was meant to supply signal to a TINY percentage of Sheffield that were obstructed due to the geography from the primary transmitters.

So like you said, this Sheffield TV channel can never work unless they put it online or convince Virgin to finally cable up the rest of us who were dropped when they took over from Telewest (who WERE planning to cable my end of the street).

Does this mean that despite Sheffield Live saying it's going to be streamed on the internet, in fact it isn't?

I can't get channel 8 so I am looking for the frequency but doesn't matter any more as I have found out that I will be receiving channel 8 from 6th November for Made in Leeds! I am 29km from Emley Moor and 9km from Crosspool tx. Is it worth investing in a new antenna and re-aligning to Crosspool is a question I am investigating?

Edited by SportsTrophy

I can't get channel 8 so I am looking for the frequency but doesn't matter any more as I have found out that I will be receiving channel 8 from 6th November for Made in Leeds! I am 29km from Emley Moor and 9km from Crosspool tx. Is it worth investing in a new antenna and re-aligning to Crosspool is a question I am investigating?

No. The channel is awful. And the topology may mean that you could be getting a worse picture from Crosspool anyway.

Seriously, don't bother.

Is this company giving information about their programme schedules in ANY media publication to be obtained in Sheffield ?

its just a channel for advertising peoples buisnness

utter garbage

18:30 - the news

19:00 - Sheffield Sharks Basketball

21:00 - Peak Signal 2 Noise

21:30 - The Cool Beans TV Show

22:30 - Spirit of Independence

Tonight schedule, there.

18:30 - the news

19:00 - Sheffield Sharks Basketball

21:00 - Peak Signal 2 Noise

21:30 - The Cool Beans TV Show

22:30 - Spirit of Independence

Tonight schedule, there.

Thanks ! Is there a contact e mail address for the Sheffield public to make comments and I am talking sensible constructive comments. There are many members of this Forum who are incapable of doing that !!

Thanks ! Is there a contact e mail address for the Sheffield public to make comments and I am talking sensible constructive comments. There are many members of this Forum who are incapable of doing that !!

[email protected]

Care to share your constructive comments with us?