Sheffield Local TV - Sheffield Live

Look North have just done a piece on this on their lunchtime show ,and the new Sheffield TV station will apparently be using the Crosspool transmiter ,and the bloke interviewed admitted that not all sheffield residents will have access to the new channel.

All seems rather pointless then .

What's it gonna be called ... 'TV Sheff'? :D

I can honestly say nothing on the proposed schedule will make me interested in tuning in.

At least some of the other local tv ideas have a sense of cohesion and interest behind them, as opposed to just "which minority group shall we give this hour to?". And as for having five hours a day of a simulcast with Sheffield Live... :roll:

I'm so glad my tv licence is being spent on this. :rant:

I can honestly say nothing on the proposed schedule will make me interested in tuning in.

At least some of the other local tv ideas have a sense of cohesion and interest behind them, as opposed to just "which minority group shall we give this hour to?". And as for having five hours a day of a simulcast with Sheffield Live... :roll:

Just looked at the schedule it looks great if you're a gay, transsexual Muslim/Chinese/disabled individual; don't see it going on my favourite channels

Can't really see it happening ... especially if SCC's involved!

Think it'd look like this! :)

I'll give it a chance. Can't really judge on what I've seen so far.

Your TV Licence money goes to the BBC.

Sheffield Local TV.

Coming to a transmitter near you - soon.

w w w . s h e f f i e l d l o c a l t v . c o . u k

Not bad considering the local press are now reporting that most of Sheffield wont even be able to pick up the television show, as their transmitter is at Emley Moor, not at Crosspool where SL TV will be broadcast from. Not bad really - a very local television show for the residents of West Sheffield... :hihi:

Your TV Licence money goes to the BBC.

Which is having to fund part of setting up this palavour, and then has to buy content off them once they're up and running.

Two of the many sweeteners for making this completely unviable idea, seem slightly viable.

I think you should give SLTV a chance. Apparently it's going to be available on Freeview (channel 8) but won't be starting until late 2013 or early 2014. What a lot of people don't know at this stage (because it's not totally clear from the new website as yet) is that it's a community TV channel, so the content will only be as good as YOU (the community) can make it. There are a lot of talented people here in the North who don't get the breaks they deserve, so you might get a pleasant surprise when it actually goes to air.

Give it some suppoert and it might be a very successful service, much like the Public Boroadcasting Service in America.

What a lot of people don't know at this stage (because it's not totally clear from the new website as yet) is that it's a community TV channel, so the content will only be as good as YOU (the community) can make it.

The website makes it clear that it's being run by the same people as the community radio station Sheffield Live. Another community media project which attracts little to no mainstream audience.

At least in the cities where these local TV channels are being run as proper commercial entities, they have a real need to increase their audiences and attract mainstream support, which means they will have to broadcast things which people are interested in. Here we'll just be broadcasting things because someone thinks they need to be broadcast, something that's obvious from the proposed schedule.