Did Anyone Travel From Sheffield Victoria Station ?

I vaguely remember me and my sister going on either the last or one of the last steam trains from Victoria Station to London, it must have been sometime during the 60's because we lived in London at the time.

Sorry I may be wrong. The memory is vague and it might have been from Midland Station.

Note sure if this has been posted but someone sent me this great site of slide photos today:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63332-40-058s-slide-scans/page__fromsearch__1

If you're the fella who scanned them in, thank you.

Some brilliant if rather sad pictures of Sheffield Victoria just a few years before they pulled it down in 1987 :(

I have a vague memory of catching the Boat Train which started in Liverpool and ended up in Harwich from Victoria station

I remember travelling to Manchester from Sheffield Victoria in the 60's I later learned that my Great Grandfather came up from London to be station master there in the 1800's

any historians with any info I would love to learn more his name was Underhay

LNER from Victoria & LMS from Midland.

I traveled regular from Victoria to Liverpool. I also traveled to Holyhead (change at Manchester for boat train). LNER to Manchester was quicker than LMS. As well as main entrance there was a lift from the Wicker too.

LNER from Victoria & LMS from Midland.

I traveled regular from Victoria to Liverpool. I also traveled to Holyhead (change at Manchester for boat train). LNER to Manchester was quicker than LMS. As well as main entrance there was a lift from the Wicker too.

The stairs from the Wicker are still their but are closed off, the lift shaft from the Wicker to Sheffield Victoria is also their but boarded up

My family worked in the Royal Victoria Station Hotel in the 1960's

I never knew Sheffield had 2 main railway station , gosh you learn different things each day :o

All i can remember was all them steps to climb whilst mum and dad went up in the lift with the cases and the kids had to walk .

I remember travelling to Manchester from Sheffield Victoria in the 60's I later learned that my Great Grandfather came up from London to be station master there in the 1800's

any historians with any info I would love to learn more his name was Underhay

Birth 1863 Holborn London

UNDERHAY William John Henry

Marriages 1884 Sheffield

Underhay William Henry

Deaths 1938 Sheffield

UNDERHAY William J H 74

UK, Railway Employment Records of UK, Railway Employment Records

William John Henry Underhay available through Ancestry

Birth 1863 Holborn London

UNDERHAY William John Henry

Marriages 1884 Sheffield

Underhay William Henry

Deaths 1938 Sheffield

UNDERHAY William J H 74

UK, Railway Employment Records of UK, Railway Employment Records

William John Henry Underhay available through Ancestry

If you look above your thread there is a thread headed Victoria Station they might know about your GreatGrand Father there is a lot of history on the Station and pictures you might get lucky