Does anyone agree with taking money off the poor to give to the rich?

Not if it means forcing them to work, perhaps taking away their freedoms and taking away their human rights.
I for one don't think people should be forced to do anything.

They should have a choice between working or starving - only fair really. I certainly don't belive they should have the 'human right' to do bugger all for years and get paid for the pleasure of it.

I for one don't think people should be forced to do anything.

They should have a choice between working or starving - only fair really. I certainly don't belive they should have the 'human right' to do bugger all for years and get paid for the pleasure of it.

You know that people won't deliberately starve themselves ;)

There's no human right to do bugger all either.

Perhaps if this government used some of the wealth created by the last government we wouldn't be needing to make them.

You're deluded. The country is in a mess after the 13 years under Labour.

Yes I support it because it’s necessary, benefits claimants need some encouragement to get a job and earn their own money instead of relying on handouts.

You do know there are far more benefit claimants who work than don't right??

It's just the government that want you to think benefit claimants are scum!

You're deluded. The country is in a mess after the 13 years under Labour.

I too am struggling with how you spend a £trillion of debt. Perhaps we are dealing with a Greek economist.

I too am struggling with how you spend a £trillion of debt. Perhaps we are dealing with a Greek economist.

It isn't that difficult really, you could sell off some of the assets we currently have or tax the profits/wealth people have accrued over this time.

It's just the government that want you to think benefit claimants are scum!

On the ball liam, this mob of mad Tories seem hell-bent on demonizing the poor.

It isn't that difficult really, you could sell off some of the assets we currently have or tax the profits/wealth people have accrued over this time.

Which assetts would you sell off. I'm always amused to hear folks talking about taxing wealth. How would you go about taxing Lewis Hamilton's £20 income?

Benefits should be for those who genuinely cant work or are temporarily unemployed through no fault of their own. wheres the motivation to achieve anything in life if society will pay you to stay at home and if you are successful, will tax you so disproportionately.

No but my husband is one of the 25% of taxpayers who pay most of the remaining 75%.

Give him a kiss from me, he sounds like a good un.

Which assetts would you sell off. I'm always amused to hear folks talking about taxing wealth. How would you go about taxing Lewis Hamilton's £20 income?

I didn't say I'd sell any of the assets off, you mentioned the debt we've got and I pointed out the increased wealth during this period.

But should the politicians discover the bottle to tackle people other than the poorest why not sell off all the Council Houses, they'll have gone up in value considerably and I;m sure people would buy them at the right price. There are lots of other things we could sell off to raise money and avoid these cuts.

Alternatively why not tax the profit made by people on the huge increases in property value, they haven't done anything to earn it so we won't get the I worked damn hard for this argument.

I'm certainly not criticising you for being on benefits (and from the tone of your post, I suspect you would prefer n0ot to be on benefits) but why are you on benefits?

Are you not qualified to do a job?

Are there no jobs which will support you where you live?

(It's easy to say to the unemployed: "Take any job you can get" - but that's a crock of crap, too. - I know one guy in Sheffield who paid a hefty sum for 'out of work' insurance. He lost his job and he now claims on the insurance. - He could get a temporary job (Save the taxpayer a few bob) but then that job ran out, his 'out of work' insurance would refuse to pay him. [if you want to change the law, fix that for a start!])

Would you be prepared to move to get a job?

Are there (well-paid) jobs you could get elsewhere?

I can appreciate that people are reluctant to 'up sticks' and move, but many thousands of others (including all those bloody immigrants ... and Rupert is one of those bloody immigrants )... did just that. It works, too - If you make it work.

The reason being, i became severely disabled 3 years ago after 18 years in military, but i still get castigated for being on benefits. Still, i'll be there on remembrance Sunday wearing my medals knowing full well i'll be called a scrounger again on Monday. Fair/not fair ?