Pheasant ,, lanetop

there's only lane top club left up there ....hope it opens up as a pub again ...........

Are there any pubs still left open in the S5 area anymore.All the ones i used to go in with my Grandad seem to have disappeared.I rarely drive around there much now my grandparents have passed on,but i notice the Sicey,Horseshoe,Magnet and the Huntsman have gone.

I don't know, but how many people would attend a Mosque at once? Is it the same as the number that would go for a Bargain Bucket? Or are you being a little tetchy?

If you look on the mosque thread I said I didn't think it was a suitable place for a mosque anyway so what's to get tetchy about?

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 20:09 ----------

not enough parking for a mosque maybe!!! get the chip off your shoulder.

Get that chip off your shoulder cos I haven't got one, I have a chapatti on mine.

Edited by mafya

There'll be at least 5 staff I should think. Then a certain amount has to be set aside for disabled parking.. so that'll probably leave 30 odd parking spaces. There'll be 30 tables I should think... so the parking will be needed...

I was just thinking of the other KFCs I have seen in Sheffield - Owlerton, near the Arena, City Road; none of those have anywhere near 49 parking spaces. The Iceland nearby has its own car park.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 21:09 ----------

Would much prefer a Wetherspoons. If the rumor was true and Wetherspoons did get turned down because of an internal wall then how can it be demolished.

Are you sure it wasn't a supporting wall and that's why it couldn't be taken down? This would not stop the entire building being taken down.

I was just thinking of the other KFCs I have seen in Sheffield - Owlerton, near the Arena, City Road; none of those have anywhere near 49 parking spaces. The Iceland nearby has its own car park.

I suppose if they have enough land they may as well have plenty of parking spaces - it makes more sense than just grassing part of it. At least then at busy times people won't be parking on the road.

At quite a few KFCs you tend to get a few people who go through the drive through and then eat in their car - that will take up a few spaces.

The one at Crystal Peaks only has a small car park which is often full at tea time.

If you look on the mosque thread I said I didn't think it was a suitable place for a mosque anyway so what's to get tetchy about?

Get that chip off your shoulder cos I haven't got one, I have a chapatti on mine.

can u drop some off at ours then, with 2 lamb bhunas please:hihi:

*Wipes drink off keyboard* :hihi:

Looks like it could become a KFC after all. They withdrew their planning permission application which involved demolishing the existing building. They have now submitted new plans which involve keeping the existing building.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=N0IQRDNY0KO00

Moderator Message

Various posts have been removed from this thread. Anyone reposting the same things are likely to banned. I won't issue further warnings

Thanks

Pete

How would you know what a similar post is if you cannot see the posts refered to?

Many years ago, I regularly visited The Pheasant and enjoyed a few pints of Magnet in the lounge. I'm sorry to learn that it has closed down. What was the reason for its closure?

Looks like a Costa unit going in as well.