Researching my family tree

1 hour ago, hillsbro said:

Well done, Rivelin6!

It's interesting to find an Oxley connection in 1911. Here is a link to the 1911 census data. https://i.postimg.cc/XJGZvXFD/1911-Freeman.jpg

A marriage,

Sheffield Indexers,

OXLEY, John (Bachelor, age 31, Hawker, residing at Court 12 House 5 Arundel Street).
    Married Rose Harriet FREEMAN, on June 5, 1904, by Arthur T Prout (Banns) at
    St Simon, Sheffield.  Father's name is William Oxley, deceased (Edge tool maker).
    Married in the presence of Arthur Banham, William Charles Cradle.
    Notes: ~.
    Page No: 236 Reg No: 472
FREEMAN, Rose Harriet (Spinster, age 30, ~, residing at Court 12 House 5 Arundel Street).
    Married John OXLEY, on June 5, 1904, by Arthur T Prout (Banns) at
    St Simon, Sheffield.  Father's name is John Charles Freeman (Labourer).
    Married in the presence of Arthur Banham, William Charles Cradle.
    Notes: ~.
    Page No: 236 Reg No: 472

John appears as Oxley in 1901 census so I'm guessing the John Oxley is probably the father but can't be sure.

Fredrick Butcher 38
Harriet Butcher 37
Annie Butcher 16
Sarah Butcher 12
Harriett Dunn 56
John Oxley 27
Rose Harriet Oxley 26

John Oxley

Rose H Freeman is down as  Rose H Freedom in 1881. She was only 8 and classed as a boarder? Also a boarder in 1991  census.1881 England Census for Rose H. Freedom

Edited by Rivelin6

Hillsbro

1) Can you possibly have a look at Kellys directory for 92 Cherrytree Street, Hoyland Nether, Yorkshire (West Riding) i would like to try and find out which members of the "Hill family" were there, dates, from and to

2)  On the 1939 resister it shows Elsie Hill (nee Freeman) & Married to John Hill, living at  92 Cherrytree Street, plus a closed record, I'm guessing its neither of of their children, Brenda was born Dec 1943 & John was born Dec 1952

Hi Daveoxo

Unfortunately the directories I have are for the Sheffield and Rotherham areas only, and do not cover the Hoyland Nether district.

DAVEOXO  You could look if Directories Online cover that area.

Are you sure the Elsie you identified was your Elise as she would only be 15 by 1939?  Actually that Elsie was born 1915. 

Edited by Rivelin6

There is an Arthur Freeman who married a Sarah Coates in 1901 and they had a daughter Elsie in 1915. 

Edited by Rivelin6