The location of basket bridge

what is the exact location of basket bridge at wooley wood bottom please.does it still exist.

what is the exact location of basket bridge at wooley wood bottom please.does it still exist.

Ive never heard the term basket bridge but there used to be a lattice style footbridge going over the railway to a now demolished factory.It could have been said to look like a basket.Driving from wincobank to shiregreen it was near the layby on the right hand side.

This has just brought back memories...used to spend hours playing on basket bridge as a kid. Was great fun when a train actually went under! :D Its set back from the road, facing the houses at the bottom of Shiregreen. Sounds like the same bridge the above post is reffering too.

This has just brought back memories...used to spend hours playing on basket bridge as a kid. Was great fun when a train actually went under! :D Its set back from the road, facing the houses at the bottom of Shiregreen. Sounds like the same bridge the above post is reffering too.

I was thinking of the one at the wincobank end but i know the one you are talking about, i walked over that one quite a few times as a kid.This was back in the 70,s when trains from the coke works used to go under on the second line that the footbridge crossed over which is now a cycle trail.

Yes it's still there, as regular walk the dog that way. It's where the potatoes van usually parks x

The one near the potato man was the bridge to get to arthur lees i think. The basket bridge is further along towards Morrisons. I used to go there in the late 70's early 80's and remember having to walk through a field of cows to get to the bridge.

The basket bridge is in the middle of a field and goes over the railway line. You can get to it from the playing field on Ecclesfield Road near where the Shiregreen Hotel used to be. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere and most people only know about it if they go walking round there. There's a farm nearby too.

thanks for the feedback will go and try to find it one day.the term for "basket bridge" was in a old newspaper cutting

The basket bridge is in the middle of a field and goes over the railway line. You can get to it from the playing field on Ecclesfield Road near where the Shiregreen Hotel used to be. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere and most people only know about it if they go walking round there. There's a farm nearby too.

Oh the one Nr the bottom of Bellhouse? Know that one too, some really nice cherries to be had off those tree's ;)

its still there but goes over the streem not the railway lines its across from my house it goes in to a field once you cross it wich i do just about every day walking my dog

I think its located where the big green open space is where they have built the car park for the residents and where they walk their dogs on the right hand side as you go past woolley wood bottom.