Dog behaviourist

Can anyone recommend a good dog behaviourist to work with a nervous cocker spaniel and help him to become more confident, especially around children?

Anyone who calls themselves a 'dog whisperer' is probably not my cup of tea and I don't hold with dominance/pack theory. Someone with up to date qualifications and methods would be preferred.

Katie Patmore is fantastic Millhouses dog training.

we also have Lotti on here

Thanks teeny, I've heard mixed things about Katie Patmore and I thought Lottie was more of a trainer rather than behaviourist. I'll get in touch with her to see though.

There's no such thing as qualified and everything revolves around pack theory even reward training.

A good trainer should be able to help you establish a routine to make the dog more confident and may even understand why the dogs nervous,loads won't have a clue.

We have had a couple of similar nature dogs and it is time and patience - especially as they need to become confident with their position in the group.

Same with any animal, some are naturally nervous, time patience and lots of reward to build confidence. ;) The best way foreword and comes free.

Hi. I can highly recommend Boneyfido (someone posted a link earlier). I recently used them for my 2 dogs and am very pleased with the results.