River rother: best places

As the title says were are the best spots to fish the river rother, ive add a look down catcliffe looks good with the pegs... ive also had a walk to the strech across the road from the veolia site with makshift pegs looks good aswell , tips also welcome thanks

I am also keen to learn any info too!

Is it all bankside-day-ticket'able? any private or free stretches?

I'll defo have a trip down there one weekend soon!

The catcliffe one is day ticket, or you can buy a yearbook, theres plenty of free stretches, turn i to beighton village off the a57 and there is a few accessible stretches around there.

There are plenty of free stretches from Renishaw to Beighton. I fished a stretch near Killamarsh recently just by the side of the bridge and was getting trout and chub near enough every cast on the halibut pellet and feeder.

There are plenty of free stretches from Renishaw to Beighton. I fished a stretch near Killamarsh recently just by the side of the bridge and was getting trout and chub near enough every cast on the halibut pellet and feeder.

was that near the road bridge where they have just put the new footpath etc in ?if so which side of the bridge did you fish ?

was that near the road bridge where they have just put the new footpath etc in ?if so which side of the bridge did you fish ?

Thats correct Alf and I was fishing on the opposite side of the bridge to Ross and Catheralls. ie: facing Killamarsh rail bridge I was on the left hand side of the road bridge. ;)

so you went thru the gate into field & fished downstream of the roadbridge?i found this stretch a bit snaggy with weed&trees in the water etc with a lot of places very difficult to access due to the high banks.i didnt go much further down than the big pylon though,did you go any further down ?

It is a bit snaggy Alf but the size of the chub that hide under the tree roots makes it worthwhile. I havn't been past the pylon either so I cant help you there. Have you tried the stretch up to the weir behind Ross and Catheralls ? I will get you a map of it... http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=53.322671,-1.331878&spn=0.004646,0.013658&t=m&z=17

there ya go Alf. The little ponds that were formed by an ox bow are full of fish too but getting a line in is near on impossible. A trip with a petrol strimmer with a bush cutter blade on wouldn't go amiss to make a really great place to fish ;)

Does anyone still fish the upper parts of the river Rother