Conservative Party Conference

According to the BBC after the next election there will be extra cuts to the benefits system to save another £16billion a year.

That will be fun for all of the people who have no choice but to need benefits to survive then.

According to the BBC after the next election there will be extra cuts to the benefits system to save another £16billion a year.

That will be fun for all of the people who have no choice but to need benefits to survive then.

I think the cuts to which you refer are to be made BEFORE the election.:o

Guest sibon
I think the cuts to which you refer are to be made BEFORE the election.:o

But, the rich are going to be asked to pay more too:rolleyes:

(Removes tongue from cheek)

I'm not sure that the Tory conference has the power to make policy.

I'm equally sure that we will be treated to the nauseating spectacle of Dave, Gideon and their millionaire chums telling us plebs to know our place.

Subtly, of course.

It's all about trying to influencing public opinion to make their policies more acceptable, regardless of how bad they are. Therefore it is all about making policies, as we'll see this week.

It's all about trying to influencing public opinion to make their policies more acceptable, regardless of how bad they are. Therefore it is all about making policies, as we'll see this week.

What Sibon was trying to say was that the policies are devised by the elite at the top,not by the delegates which attend.There is no democratic mechanism for rank and file participation-just a load of stage-managed applause.

What Sibon was trying to say was that the policies are devised by the elite at the top,not by the delegates which attend.There is no democratic mechanism for rank and file participation-just a load of stage-managed applause.

Does the term, "Testing the water," mean anything to you?

But, the rich are going to be asked to pay more too:rolleyes:

(Removes tongue from cheek)

In case you hadn't noticed, that's already the case.

Does the term, "Testing the water," mean anything to you?

Yes-but have you noticed your own signature slogan says conservatism is incompatible with democracy.Can you see the implications of your stance,as you appear self-contradictory?

I watched some of it earlier,the only part of it worth hearing were Boris Johnsons jokes.