I may have to rehome my dogs. Whats the best way to do it?

Oh dear thats so sad that you are having to rehome them - may I ask why - its terrible when people loose their pets and can be devastating for all concerned - I so hope you can find some way that you don't - I know how people feel once they do - as you say - its like loosing a lifetime companion.

We do have a few people who have been looking for gsd's with us - we have a dog called Jessie, but she's not up for rehoming - if you want to do a write up for your gsd - and those pictures, email the guy who runs http://www.ineedahome.co.uk and ask him if he would put your dogs up on there - we would then point people over to the site to see them.

Re your staffy- as you are already aware i'm sure - staffy's are being put to sleep in their hundreds - its heartbreaking as we so love staff's its such a waste of a brilliant dog.

Again- take photos, and get him on the website - put a poster up in your local vets or pet shops - vets are best. Make sure they are both castrated and thoroughly home check - get vet references or character references - proof of ownership of the house.

If we can help in any way at all we will do but I so wish you could keep them and again, we would help if we can.

Sorry you've got to rehome them, would members of your family not take them?

Sorry you've got to rehome them, would members of your family not take them?

Sadly no.

Its a real shame too because they are both wonderful dogs and would be a great addition to any family. Im still hoping i wont have to rehome them, its a slim chance but one im holding onto.

Ill know more in a few weeks but i dont want to be left in the postition where times against me so thats why im doing the research now.

Im making the most of the time ive still got with them though, just been for a good long walk.

Im now flithy but Berkley is clean as a whistle

How the hell does that work?

I thought it was meant to the the other way around.:hihi:

Oh dear thats so sad that you are having to rehome them - may I ask why - its terrible when people loose their pets and can be devastating for all concerned - I so hope you can find some way that you don't - I know how people feel once they do - as you say - its like loosing a lifetime companion.

Hi, i hope you dont mind but id rather not go into why i need to rehome them. What i can say is that its in no way to do wirth the dogs at all. They arent aggressive or destructive or anything like that.In fact i can honestly say with my hand on my hear they are the best dogs ive ever had and are both looked on as fully paid up members of the family.

Its been said i treat them like people which i propbably do.

We do have a few people who have been looking for gsd's with us - we have a dog called Jessie, but she's not up for rehoming - if you want to do a write up for your gsd - and those pictures, email the guy who runs http://www.ineedahome.co.uk and ask him if he would put your dogs up on there - we would then point people over to the site to see them.

Re your staffy- as you are already aware i'm sure - staffy's are being put to sleep in their hundreds - its heartbreaking as we so love staff's its such a waste of a brilliant dog.

Again- take photos, and get him on the website - put a poster up in your local vets or pet shops - vets are best. Make sure they are both castrated and thoroughly home check - get vet references or character references - proof of ownership of the house.

If we can help in any way at all we will do but I so wish you could keep them and again, we would help if we can.

Thanks for that. Ill follow your advice, get the pics and ads written up just in case things dont turn out as i hope.

Regarding the sex's pof the dogs, The GSD is a male, and hes not had his bits chopped.

I know some people will say its better to have this done but you know, i could never go through with it. I just couldnt look at my best mate in the eye if id had him neutered.

The staffy is a bitch and as yet she hasent been neutered either but she hasent had her first season yet.

Do you think this will affect my ability to get them rehomed?

Thanks again for the advice.

Its making a tough time that little bit easier knowing there are people like you lot around

Thank you again and ill keep you all posted :)

Hi, i hope you dont mind but id rather not go into why i need to rehome them. What i can say is that its in no way to do wirth the dogs at all. They arent aggressive or destructive or anything like that.In fact i can honestly say with my hand on my hear they are the best dogs ive ever had and are both looked on as fully paid up members of the family.

Its been said i treat them like people which i propbably do.

Thanks for that. Ill follow your advice, get the pics and ads written up just in case things dont turn out as i hope.

Regarding the sex's pof the dogs, The GSD is a male, and hes not had his bits chopped.

I know some people will say its better to have this done but you know, i could never go through with it. I just couldnt look at my best mate in the eye if id had him neutered.

The staffy is a bitch and as yet she hasent been neutered either but she hasent had her first season yet.

Do you think this will affect my ability to get them rehomed?

Thanks again for the advice.

Its making a tough time that little bit easier knowing there are people like you lot around

Thank you again and ill keep you all posted :)

Its not that it will affect your ability to rehome them, but it does affect the sort of people that will want them, people will go for un-neutered pets for breeding and I would be especially worried for your Staffy bitch were that is concerned, I know it sounds like a natural thing for them if you don't think too deeply but many bitches have the most awful and basic sad lives, neutering is definitely something to think about, it will help to ensure that they get the nice home as a pet that they deserve.

Lovely pics of your GSD and Daughter, he looks like a big gentle bear :)

It's so sad that you might have to re-home them. You clearly love and care for them very much.

As people have already said, please be very careful who you re-home the dogs to. Especially the Staffy bitch. If you can't get her spayed before you have to re-home her, please make sure the people she goes to don't want her for breeding.

What was the outcome? Are you rehoming them or have you managed to keep the doggies?

I had to have my Gsd put to sleep yesterday, her rear end gave way.

Loosing your dogs will be hard, but if you find the right home, some one who will love them like you did, it may not be as hard

Speak to rain rescue -I got mine from Nigel ( helping hands rescue ) 3/4 years ago and I never looked back - May she rest in peace.

Edited by Fishpinball