Cheapest Fibre in Sheffield

Just moved onto PlusNet Fibre £19.99 for 76Mb Down/19Mb Up. 250Gb Limit 8am - 12pm, Unlimited overnight.

Add £13.99 Line rental, Evening and weekend calls. For a bit more you get free anytime calls.

No installation fee.

I'm getting 72Mb Down/16Mb up so i'm happy.

From their website

Like all our broadband services, Plusnet Fibre traffic is managed on our network. This is to guarantee all customers get a good quality and sustainable service. For more information read our Guide to Traffic Management.

Yuk, no thankyou....

IMO, I would say that no provider on Digital Region will be able to match or better the pricing/servicing from the big ISP's

I'm with DR and don't find it any more expensive than any other ISP, plus help is easy to get hold of, truly unlimited and no traffic shaping.

There's no point having a fast connection if you cant use it ;)

I'm with DR and don't find it any more expensive than any other ISP, plus help is easy to get hold of, truly unlimited and no traffic shaping.

There's no point having a fast connection if you cant use it ;)

If you want the 80/20 service then it's £10 a month more than with BT - also BT and others do discounts for new customer's which can reduce the pricing further - at the moment you don't get any of this with an ISP on Digital Region

My uncle's with you and we can't call him anymore since he's had a telephone line with Origin. :sad:

This wouldn't be our phone line, this would be our VoIP service - which HAS had problems. Our conventional phone lines operate over the BT network and are not affected in the same way.

We've built a new VoIP network and if your uncle calls us, we'll work as hard as possible to get his VoIP working ASAP.

If you want the 80/20 service then it's £10 a month more than with BT - also BT and others do discounts for new customer's which can reduce the pricing further - at the moment you don't get any of this with an ISP on Digital Region

But you get a connection you can use when you like without restriction.

BT throttle heavily, no point having those speeds if you cant use them when you please.

However I do wish Origin could be more competitive where their top tier is concerned £35 is just too much, if it was £25 then I would be interested (even moving my phone line over).

Edited by Bonjon

But you get a connection you can use when you like without restriction.

BT throttle heavily, no point having those speeds if you cant use them when you please.

However I do wish Origin could be more competitive where their top tier is concerned £35 is just too much, if it was £25 then I would be interested (even moving my phone line over).

The only thing BT throttle is P2P and unless you use a lot of P2P then it won't affect you.

I've not had any problems with speed since moving to BT, but then I'm not a heavy user of P2P, yet when on DR there were occasions between 7pm and 11pm that the speeds were well below 10mb, and even now users are still randomly experiencing speed issues, which could suggest an issue on the network itself.

In regards to moving phone line over then yes, but how far would Origin go in diagnosing problems on the voice side, would they have the expertise to deal with any issues and would they be available 24/7 to fully log any problems

Edited by walkerx

The only thing BT throttle is P2P and unless you use a lot of P2P then it won't affect you.

I've not had any problems with speed since moving to BT, but then I'm not a heavy user of P2P, yet when on DR there were occasions between 7pm and 11pm that the speeds were well below 10mb, and even now users are still randomly experiencing speed issues, which could suggest an issue on the network itself.

In regards to moving phone line over then yes, but how far would Origin go in diagnosing problems on the voice side, would they have the expertise to deal with any issues and would they be available 24/7 to fully log any problems

I am a heavy Usenet user and could not deal with another BT service ever again, I had an issue with their unlimited plans in the past, never again.

As for slowdowns on Origin, I had an issue a while back but it seemed to resolve itself and usenet is back to downloading at a >4MB/s speed.

Again I don't use Usenet but when I did I never had any issues.

As for slowdowns on the DR network this has been happening for sometime, yet it still not resolved. And with a low amount of users that is bad as what would happen if all of a sudden they had a huge uptake, would the network fail to deliver.

No matter which service you go for neither is better than the other, they all have their good points and their bad points.