Rain Rescue - NEW Charity Shop - HELP WANTED

Thanks everyone - and i just have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to the people who are volunteering and coming in to help with the shop. Its got a lovely feel to it this charity shop and so many lovely people popping in to buy things or donate goods.

The more pennies we get in - the more we can survive to help pets

We have been out collecting so will pass it on to Nicoll5 for the shop, thanks everyone as every penny goes to help pets in crisis. I foster for Rain Rescue and at present have a little puppy farm yorkie who is so scared of everyone and everything, they have even docked her tail. Rain have paid for her neutering yesterday and shes booked in for a much needed dental in two weeks, without your donations we couldn't provide the necessary vet care for these animals.

Thanks Lisajayne, as you well know - your help is so appreciated and needed along with all the other kind people who are helping raise funds for us to keep doing what we do.

This last fortnight Rain Rescue have saved the lives of 14 dogs - we are just so busy - we don't even get time to update people on what we are doing. All we know is that it all takes our energy and our time and our money. The few people who do help - are absolutely fabulous squeezing in doing what they can with the little time that they have in between work, busy families, and everything else.

I can't thank them enough - and they know who they are. Reliable and helpful and kind.

The new shop has been fabulous. Very very hard work, very very busy but hopefully its a great leap forward for us and should help us stay afloat. Thanks to all who have donated items or time once again. Dogs' like Lisajayne's little ex-puppy farm yorky and all the dogs you see on our website that we have saved and still with us:

http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/category/our-dogs/available-for-adoption/

Plus all the dogs we have saved already this year - I think we were at 160 on the last count

http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/category/our-dogs/adopted-in-2012/

Text RAIN04 £2 to 70070 to help us keep going and saving pets in crisis - thank you

If you ever need a few hours help a week i would be happy to oblige. x

just pop in ratgirl. there are many of us, and there is always room for an extra pair or hands!

was just wondering how things were going with the shop?

Thanks for asking WWCrazy, its doing really well - but so very busy on top of the rescue work and organising everything. I obviously underestimated the amount of work we would have to do with all the items coming in and getting sorted.

Can I just add a huge thank you to all who have donated items to the shop - to everyone who has volunteers their time to do things, and those who have visited and bought items.

With luck - it will help the Rescue to survive even if it sends a few of us under trying.

Only kidding - long may it continue to be busy.

I have a tall plastic tube thing, which you fill with water and can plug in and has fake plastic fish etc. in it - a home decoration feature thingy whatsit if the shop wants it?

I also have one of those comparethemeerkat.com toys in its box, if thats any use!

I visited the shop last Saturday to take some stuff, and I met the people who work there, what fantastic people they are, they were so busy sorting the stuff out and working hard to make this shop a success.

I know plenty of people who will donate things to the shop, we must keep this shop going to help all these unfortunate animals.

Please let me know if you do run out of room, and we will hang onto it until you are needing it.

If its good and clean and you think it will sell - we will have it.

The shop is like a little tardis - loads go in - people bring things and then loads go back out again.

Thank you KittyKatt for your kind comments the shop has a lovely happy atmosphere and everyone is so nice - people who give up their free time to help others are very special people and its nice to know that their voluntary work doesn't go un-noticed.

Keep the goods coming - another 5 dogs taken out of the dog pound again this week and loads of vet bills to still pay. We never get to say just how much work we are doing but this year alone we have taken out of the dog pounds 271 dogs.

How amazing is that - and as you can all guess - it doesn't come cheap.

thanks everyone

That is truly amazing.

proud to be part of the "crew" at the shop