Penistone road blocked at Hillfoot bridge south bound (city direction)

Just seen the crash at Penistone Rd / Albert Terrace Rd junction. Looks awful, cop car wrapped around ped crossing, white car looking rather flat.

Looks to me cops have gone through junction and took white car out.

Could the 2 crashes be related to a major police chase taking place in the area ?

Ther's quite a few details and photos on Postcode Gazette but it won't let me post the links. Story about the accident and about traffic delays, buses, tram etc

Theres hardly any traffic on Penistone Rd (outside B & Q)so it seems that there's still a problem.

It's definitely still blocked going out of city as traffic is being diverted up Rutland Rd. AVOID PENISTONE ROAD at all costs!

I just got in from work ,traffic on Infirmary rd moving very slowly in both

directions .

Ther's quite a few details and photos on Postcode Gazette

Which will, no doubt, be in The Star on Tuesday.

I used to use that junction daily and the ammount of times a police vehicle came whizzing through was uncanny. I always used to watch out specifically for police vehicles and take my time coming out. Glad no one has life-threatening injuries. Hope all involved will be fine.

Glad no one's suffered life-threatening injuries. Hope everyone fully recovers.

No doubt police were late getting back for there lunch so thought they'd put there blues on!!!

I used to use that junction daily and the ammount of times a police vehicle came whizzing through was uncanny. I always used to watch out specifically for police vehicles and take my time coming out. Glad no one has life-threatening injuries. Hope all involved will be fine.

You might have been better off just using the force like every other time....:hihi:

There was 2 accidents involving police cars one at hillfoot with the bike an 1 near wicks involving a police car an a pedestrian car I drove past both they was still working on the biker about half 11 both seem like the police came thru red lights I find it unbellieveble on a road like peniston they do this but I see it all the time poor biker looked to be out cold rip