Barack Obama v. Mitt Romney

Another one month wunderkind. Your kind comes in here, blusters around for a couple of weeks, then vanishes like the driven snow. Was'ent:) that right.

I've never been to America buck..if that's what your saying or you meaning on forum?

If anyone watches fox news then they will get mislead..

I like Fox News, although I definitely do not subscribe to the beliefs of most of the contributors. It's entertaining, snappy, and well presented, it can have flair. It actually makes me laugh in a way the others, just don't. Though it can be tiresome sometimes also, given a choice between CNN, BBC and Fox I'll usually take Fox. I watch television more for entertainment, than information. I get information elsewhere.

He's nothing to do with the system anyway. It's the people behind who make actual careers. (Military) etc.

He's nothing to do with the system anyway. It's the people behind who make actual careers. (Military) etc.

Fox news distorts loads of words and headlines, not only that they use misleading polls too...hehe

I like Fox News, although I definitely do not subscribe to the beliefs of most of the contributors. It's entertaining, snappy, and well presented, it can have flair. It actually makes me laugh in a way the others, just don't. Though it can be tiresome sometimes also, given a choice between CNN, BBC and Fox I'll usually take Fox. I watch television more for entertainment, than information. I get information elsewhere.

Watching fox news is ok as long as you don't take their every word, if you are interested in something they said then just back it up elsewhere before you do believe it, yes I agree with the entertainment side, I think bill is bias and therefore doesn't know he is distorting facts or being misleading, sometimes though the arguments he gets into are funny, but most of time his argument is wrong...but it's not well presented

I take it you are very young and not familiar with he record of many US presidents?

Have you heard of Truman? (I received this in an e-mail from a friend. - From what I've been able to find out, it's true, too.)

Harry Truman was a different kind of President. He probably made as many, or more important decisions regarding our nation's history as any of the other 42 Presidents preceding him. However, a measure of his greatness may rest on what he did after he left the White House.

The only asset he had when he died was the house he lived in, which was in Independence Missouri . His wife had inherited the house from her mother and father and other than their years in the White House, they lived their entire lives there.

When he retired from office in 1952 his income was a U.S. Army pension reported to have been $13,507.72 a year. Congress, noting that he was paying for his stamps and personally licking them, granted him an 'allowance' and, later, a retroactive pension of $25,000 per year.

After President Eisenhower was inaugurated, Harry and Bess drove home to Missouri by themselves. There was no Secret Service following them.

When offered corporate positions at large salaries, he declined, stating, "You don't want me. You want the office of the President, and that doesn't belong to me. It belongs to the American people and it's not for sale."

Even later, on May 6, 1971, when Congress was preparing to award him the Medal of Honor on his 87th birthday, he refused to accept it, writing, "I don't consider that I have done anything which should be the reason for any award, Congressional or otherwise."

As president he paid for all of his own travel expenses and food.

Modern politicians have found a new level of success in cashing in on the Presidency, resulting in untold wealth. Today, many in Congress also have found a way to become quite wealthy while enjoying the fruits of their offices. Political offices are now for sale (cf. Illinois ).

Good old Harry Truman was correct when he observed, "My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!”

What a great post. Thanks for that.

Fox news distorts loads of words and headlines, not only that they use misleading polls too...hehe

ALL of the news is misleading, the UK and USA has terribly misleading propaganda, the trouble with propaganda is that nobody ever realises that it is being used on them..

Harleyman you are obviously an intelligent man and must care at least to some degree about our futures, I have seen you post again and again in this thread but i have not seen you produce a single peice of evidence or answer one question directly..

I can back up my last post with evidence from mainstream news stories and Youtube videos from C-span (Congressional TV) which if you like i can post up in thread, however i fear you will simply reply with a scornful comment stating that "all i can do is post up links to youtube" which is an Ad-hominem argument and the sign of someone living in denial.

I have asked you many times where you get your information from and you simply Troll and call me names, I am trying to have an intelligent debate but you wont permit yourself to deviate from your normalcy bias..

If you get your information spoon fed to you by the TV in small soundbites then you are being psychologically manipulated and that is where people's one sided opinion comes from.

ALL of the news is misleading, the UK and USA has terribly misleading propaganda, the trouble with propaganda is that nobody ever realises that it is being used on them..

Harleyman you are obviously an intelligent man and must care at least to some degree about our futures, I have seen you post again and again in this thread but i have not seen you produce a single peice of evidence or answer one question directly..

I can back up my last post with evidence from mainstream news stories and Youtube videos from C-span (Congressional TV) which if you like i can post up in thread, however i fear you will simply reply with a scornful comment stating that "all i can do is post up links to youtube" which is an Ad-hominem argument and the sign of someone living in denial.

I have asked you many times where you get your information from and you simply Troll and call me names, I am trying to have an intelligent debate but you wont permit yourself to deviate from your normalcy bias..

If you get your information spoon fed to you by the TV in small soundbites then you are being psychologically manipulated and that is where people's one sided opinion comes from.

Hahahahahahha oh yes I absolutely agree, all news is misleading but I was pointing out fox channel because most americans watch it...

So does the US president deserve to be re elected?I think he does,he has turned the economy around and has created many jobs and seems to be getting it right just at the right time for his election chances,good on him I say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16913174

Too late for the chuckle brothers,(cameron and osbourne) to follow suit, they need a miracle, don't worry they will be out soon, nightmare over.:hihi:

Too late for the chuckle brothers,(cameron and osbourne) to follow suit, they need a miracle, don't worry they will be out soon, nightmare over.:hihi:

Our nightmare is never over, when 2 idiots go ,we end up with 2 more idiots

Our nightmare is never over, when 2 idiots go ,we end up with 2 more idiots

So true, but surely no one can be as bad as this lot.:huh:

So true, but surely no one can be as bad as this lot.:huh:

I wouldn't bet on it...