Barack Obama v. Mitt Romney

I think for the first time in history you have two americans on here who disagree

You've got this one wrong. Seniors are the most powerful voting group in America. The young can't be bothered, but are quick to complain when things don't go their way. Of course seniors vote. The government are the only people between them and starving to death. Old age pensioners in Britain have a lot more government help than our seniors do. Yours get help with their fuel bills and free bus, rail, and ferry services. We'd like that here sooner than having to drive everywhere. Its not just old farts that rely on National Health, your equivalent service, its everybody.

It's called 'sarcasm' Buck.:hihi: I'm a member of AARP (have been for many years) and am also a member of one or two other retiree organisations. I'm well aware that such organisations can - and do - exert quite a lot of political pressure.

'My' retirees live in the same country as do your retirees. ;)

Where I live (from the beginning of October to the end of April) we don't have free bus passes, help with our heating bills (or, for the next month or so help with our cooling bills - It's been in the high 80's - mid 90's for the past week or so) but we do have a few OAP assistance schemes. - 'Meals on Wheels' (free delivery, the recipient orders and pays for the food - volunteers do the deliveries) a bus service to local shops (funded from the community's monthly maintenance payments) and a degree of 'neighbour support' which is sadly lacking in many other communities.

The point I was trying to make is that a number of seniors are going to be very upset by Obama's raid on Medicare and many will, no doubt, express their feelings through the ballot box.

It's called 'sarcasm' Buck.:hihi: I'm a member of AARP (have been for many years) and am also a member of one or two other retiree organisations. I'm well aware that such organisations can - and do - exert quite a lot of political pressure.

'My' retirees live in the same country as do your retirees. ;)

Where I live (from the beginning of October to the end of April) we don't have free bus passes, help with our heating bills (or, for the next month or so help with our cooling bills - It's been in the high 80's - mid 90's for the past week or so) but we do have a few OAP assistance schemes. - 'Meals on Wheels' (free delivery, the recipient orders and pays for the food - volunteers do the deliveries) a bus service to local shops (funded from the community's monthly maintenance payments) and a degree of 'neighbour support' which is sadly lacking in many other communities.

The point I was trying to make is that a number of seniors are going to be very upset by Obama's raid on Medicare and many will, no doubt, express their feelings through the ballot box.

I think many of the poorer seniors, living at the edge of disaster, are worried about any change in the status quo. I am not one of them. I too am a long term AARP member, and have good coverage at a reasonable cost to supplement Medicare. So better the devil they know than the one they don't may keep the ball in Obama's court. This election is being driven by negativity on both sides, which is not good for a country that has, in the past, been able to come to an agreement between the parties concerned that fitted the needs of all the people. I'm presuming you are talking about snow birding in Florida. That state has a long history of helping seniors. Apart from tourism, its about the only big industry. I have family in Fort Myers and Melbourne on the space coast, always begging us to move down there. But honestly, I can't stand the place. Too flat, too hot, too humid, too tawdry, and it smells bad Edited by buck

I think for the first time in history you have two americans on here who disagree

Is Rupert a naturalized American citizen like Harleyman and buck?

I don't know, harley claims to be born here but don't believe him

You know this how?????

Candidates like Ron Paul and Johnson, when they stand, are going to draw more votes off the Republican candidate, Romney, than they will from the Democratic one, Obama, just like Perot, when he stood as a 3rd candidate in 1992 and got 19% of the vote nationwide, let Clinton in because he drew more votes off Bush Sr than he did from Clinton. Obama would love it if Johnson got even 5% in Ohio because it would mean he'll be able to take the state, and in all likelihood the election, a lot easier.

Is Rupert a naturalized American citizen like Harleyman and buck?

No .

Candidates like Ron Paul and Johnson, when they stand, are going to draw more votes off the Republican candidate, Romney, than they will from the Democratic one, Obama, just like Perot, when he stood as a 3rd candidate in 1992 and got 19% of the vote nationwide, let Clinton in because he drew more votes off Bush Sr than he did from Clinton. Obama would love it if Johnson got even 5% in Ohio because it would mean he'll be able to take the state, and in all likelihood the election, a lot easier.

Lets hope you're right. If ever this country had a death wish it would Romney and Ryan in power

Believe him. He's just spent more of his life in California than he did in England.

I was born in Jessops's hospital, Sheffield 15 days after world war two started.

That makes me an old fart but what you claim to know about anything... this old fart has already forgotten... sonny.

Believe him. He's just spent more of his life in California than he did in England.

More fool you then, he's American through an through, he's posts stink of it