Barack Obama v. Mitt Romney

I couldn't give a monkeys Harley, I think the USA should keep their noses out of any war that does not threaten their borders and that goes for any country..

But this is irrelevant, the important issue is that of the reason for the US involvement in Libya? Did Obama take orders from NATO or did he do it for the good of the USA??

I dont see that toppling Ghadaffi would have done any good to the USA. That old hell raiser had had his fangs pulled long ago and he had long since dropped out of the terrorist export business.

I tend to think that Ghadaffi reneged on a lucrative deal with British Petroleum Corporation and since the UK and France depend heavily on oil from the middle east Cameron and Sarkozy decided it was time for him to go.

Old Etonian Cameron is quite capable of playing the dirty tricks game when it suits him.

As for Obama and his decsion to become part of the operation? I dont know. What's important though is that he did because I could see the UK and France getting bogged down in a long drawn out dirty war to get rid of Ghadaffi.

It's also important to remember that President Roosevelt risked impeachment by Congress for supplying weaponry to the UK in violation of neutrality laws but he was able to get around that by coming up with something called Lend Lease.

Just as well that he did though eh? Otherwise Churchill would have been well and truly up the creek in 1940. If not actually invaded Britain would have had to come to a forced settlement with Hitler.

Churchill and his government along with the royal family having to go into exile in Canada. The Nazi loving Edward Windsor back on the throne and Britain in an existence the same as Vichy France

So count your lucky stars that the US did get involved that time around

Didmt you know that the Sheffield Scribes are the fountains of all worldly knowledge. and wisdom? :o

I'm telling you fella, when the Scribes speak the rest of the world holds it's collective breath

it's just silly. The USA has more name recognition, than any other country in the world, all over the world too even the humblest peasant anywhere has heard of it. But when you ask them about it, they usually say that it looks great, and sounds like it's pretty good. Even when they're doing the coconut or pineapple harvest.

I was born in Brightside way back. I served in the Royal Navy for nearly 18 years retiring as a Chief Petty Officer in 1966. Buck is the universal nickname of anyone in the RN carrying the same surname as mine. If you want to find out what that is, find a matelot somewhere or join the navy.:)

would'nt have a cowboy connection would it:suspect:

I worked from leaving school at 16 in 1947, joined the navy in 1949 until 1966, all the time paying into the pension fund. I emigrated to Canada in 1968 until 1977, paying into the Quebec pension fund. When I moved to Massachusetts in 1977 I paid into the US federal pension scheme till I retired in 1993. When I applied to the US social security admin, they contacted both Canada and the UK to get me what I had coming from both countries.:)

but you would'nt be allowed full pensions from uk and canada as well as the U.S one would you?

There was something lacking in Obama's performance in the debate last night. Too often it seemed that Obama was on the defensive. Romney came across as the wiinner on that one but despite his better performance that doesnt change what he really is

Who do you want to be the next yank president, do you care, should we care, I will leave it up to you.

Watch the complete 2012 U.S. presidential debate from the University of Denver, featuring Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.

I don't want anybody to be the next Yank President, I'd prefer him or her to be the next President of the United states of America. Would you prefer Her Majesty be called the Limey Queen?

Who do you want to be the next yank president, do you care, should we care, I will leave it up to you.

Watch the complete 2012 U.S. presidential debate from the University of Denver, featuring Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.

Dont think it matters much to people in the UK. Your problems and issues are with your neighbours t'other side of the channel since you're now part of the EU.

I doubt you'd even understand most of the issues that were discussed during the debate anyway

Edited by Harleyman

It matters enough to have an interest....

Go Obama! is what I hope :)

Thats Go as in Go for it! not as in leave

I admit i aint interested in politics in america ..

Edited by larky

I admit i aint interested in politics in america ..

the perception americans have about Britain is that Britain thinks americans are thick

Not saying it's true but it is a perception, apart from harley who wouldn't think that of course and probably buck

the perception americans have about Britain is that Britain thinks americans are thick

Not saying it's true but it is a perception, apart from harley who wouldn't think that of course and probably buck

My perception of you is that you just "Drone" on with the same stuff over and over again.

Say something original. Only thick people come out with statements that a whole nation of people could somehow be thicker than a whole nation of other people