Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Formerley known as Shiregreen school

Infants....

Mrs Kemp

Mr Priest

HeadMistress Mrs Gorrell

Juniors....

Mrs Oxley (now deceased)

Mrs Marsden (now deceased)

Headmaster Mr Sanderson

Best teacher Mr Philips Coleridge Rd School circa 1950's

best teacher has to be miss beal, city school

mr brian tayler, wybourn school was the best head teacher ever.

I was at Hinde House 65-70. The only teacher that made any kind of impression on me was Chris Hawes. He taught English and I found him brilliant. He turned me on to many books and thanks to him I heard "Sgt. Pepper's" for the first time in the school library in 1967.

Mr Newham, Chaucer comp late 60s early 70s.

mr kipling lookalike....no chance....mr dearling at chaucer..old vaseline head was sound

ross crowe.chaucer school

i remember crowy as a young teacher at chaucer....good,but not THE best at that time.

Mr Gillard, Southey school, 1970 ish.... awesome bloke!

have to disagree raimundo,mr senior by a country mile,his stories about his time in the middle east were brilliant,get him started,you could forget the lessons.

I don't know about best etacher, but I can nominate a few for worst. Jed Pearson at St Pete's anyone?

was he the games teacher that came from chaucer????

Not many on here are likely to be able to go this far back, but I'll nominate Mr Vaughan (forget his first name, but it was a Welsh one) who was headmaster at Woodhouse West County School back in the 50s. An outstanding man, truly compassionate, he used to call each of us his "darlings." Sad to say that nowadays, a male figure using a term like that might become a source of suspicion. But, no, Mr. Vaughan truly cared about the kids under his watch. I left WWCS at the age of 11, after spending a mere 3 yrs at the school. But even after all these yrs, I still remember Mr. Vaughan as a great teacher.

My vote for the best teacher goes to Mr Guest...maths teacher of what was Herries school (now Parkwood)........he was absolutely fantastic.

The most frightening teacher was Mr Jessop....french and german teacher.....he was absolutely huge...his shoulders must have spanned about 10 foot wide and he was about 10 foot tall (slight exageration I know)...and his voice frightened the living daylights out of you ......it was that deep...Ive never met a guy who's voice was deeper than his.

I remember Mr Jessop, he was a giant of a fella. Wasnt good when he shouted, you'd jump out of your socks! :hihi:

mrs simpson - manor lodge primary

Wow! that's my mum!! :D:thumbsup:

best teacher and i;ve been to heaps of schools round the world is from Stocksbridge Secondry (1968) our form teacher.

MR Stibbs or Stubbs .

English was always worst subject and he made it so interesting.

Thanks