Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

I remember Mr Faraday and Mrs Smith - Gleadless Primary 1989-1990

And Mr Wild (Art) Mrs Miles & Mrs Bradley (Home Ec) Mr Moxon (CDT) Mr Surr (science) 1990-1994.

They were my favourite teachers.

The Late Mr Johnson (Spike) Firth Park Brushes.

I must have been the worst. I now have one sentenced and two alleged murderers to my account given the two brothers arrested for the recent taxi driver murder!!

I went to Hinde House from 1997 to 2002 and I really cant think of any best teacher. Well apart from Mr Jameson (PE), Mr Rawson(DH) and Mrs Robson(DH) they helped sort myself out and get through my GCSE's.

Cant say much for Sarah Draper how I wish Mr Elliot had stayed.

i went to hinde house between 90-64 i think it was. miss foster was the worse teacher in the world, the best has to be mrs proctor. she was wicked loved her to bits.

The second was Mr. Potts, what a great teacher he was, much the same as old licko stick lol, but if we did anything wrong we knew about it, he would turn on the old Pottsy stare where his eyes almost popped out their sockets, he would do this for until you were reduced to tears, it would turn the toughest kids into quivering wrecks, luckily i was a good girl ;)

Gosh, you've just taken me right back there. The Pottsy stare- what a fabulous form teacher to have. Hallam Middle was where he taught me.

He always had an 'in case of emergency' box, with a fag in it, seem to remember.

awww i'm so proud! on the very first page of this thread, my granny is mentioned....she was Mrs Simpson and she worked at Manor lodge School. Retired 12 years ago...anyone remember her??

and best teachers

Totley Primary School

Mrs Russell..who sadly died :'(

and the rest tended to send me to the head every day so grr at them...

and, King Ecgberts School has loads of brilliant teachers although i won't list seen as though i know some/lots of them are reading my posts...

so yesh,

although, i will just mention, Mrs Dignall, WE MISS YOU!!! amazing teacher! great personality :D

Can you remember Mrs Russell's first name and her approximate age if she were still living?

don't remember any GOOD teachers, worst one was Sister Josephine at the Convant Hight school for girls back in the 50s.

I wonder if she was the same St Josephine who taught at St Peter's in the sixties, she was a right cow!

I also remember Miss Stanton - English, strict but good

'Pop' Walsh, a bit of a nutter, gave me the cane every day for the year he was my form teacher!

Jim Mc Anerney - History, laid back and interesting.

From Waltheof: Anyone remember Miss Preston, Miss Griffin or Mr Ashton?
I left waltheof in 78 and remember miss griffin.Also remember Miss grainy who was quite a good looking women,Mr tiffin, mr tunnard .:)

Jin Mcnerny use to teach at St Peters in the 80's, he did teach history & was very laid back.

He is no longer with us, so I've been told.

No doubt about it. Mrs Taylor from Huntsmans Garden School. She was my teacher . and truly made a difference in my life. This was in 1943-1945.

Haven't read through all this thread so I don't know if she's been mentioned, but for me it's Mrs Boyson, Hucklow Road School. I was in her class from 72 to 74 I think!!!