Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Got to be miss coy and mr renardson from yewlands school.

John Taylor who taught English at Lydgate Middle in the late 70s. Looked like Noel Edmonds! Cool guy in his Hush Puppies.

I taught with John Taylor - agree he was a great teacher!

i dont know about the best teacher in sheffield but the worst is mrs rusling of brikdale school...

There you go with negative waves....I think I like the sound of old rusling:thumbsup:

Sadly, I was not taught by every teacher in Sheffield, so I'm not at liberty to compare them.

Mr O'Connor - Notre Dame School.

A charismatic leader, fondly remembered.

Definately a great teacher, loved history at school and Mr O'Connor and Mr McNernny were my favourites. Mr McNernny used to have us in stitches bless him.

Wonder if Mr Boardman the :love: PE teacher is still there:suspect:

Lewis Hawley (1914-1999) who taught at Malin Bridge Junior, becoming headteacher in c. 1965. A superb teacher, kind hearted with a sense of humour, a fine man. He UNDERSTOOD children and their education. Nobody else could have got me to King Edward's in 1959. Never looked back.

MOD: Please note we do not appreciate rumours or unsubstantiated allegations appearing on SF particularly where it concerns people who are in no position to defend themselves.

Merry Christmas.

I would agree with post #18. CV Kay at Rowlinson

Intelligent, articulate but most of all, decent. After he retired, I think the school went slowly downhill.

Hey there!

I was also class of '79 :)

I remember Mr. Goodrum very well. He liked to tease A LOT! :|

He also ran the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme, and was a lot of fun at times.

:)

Wasn't he the the guy that had the sandy coloured hair, wore a jacket and always seemed to have a red nose? I remember making a hacksaw in metalwork at the annexe. Can't say that I ever used it.

Probably the best "teacher" was Mr Tiffen. I remember a group of us once taking over a whole lesson due to boisterous behaviour. Guess we made his life hell and apart from learning anything that I can remember, I have to say that for his oddness and lack of control, he was a good bloke.

Im suprised no ones mentioned Mr Kay at Rowlinson.

Headmaster of the old school, calm dignified and fair.

If teachers had all been like him there would not be all this stupidity in schools today.

You may be interested in my reply in the wagging of school thread