YouTube Monetisation

Is anyone a YouTube partner and does it pay well, is there an easy way to become one or do you have to upload lots of content and have had certain amounts of views, do you need to meet certain criteria?

I am apart of that or something, set up an account for it when they asked me to participate. Not seen a penny though, but not uploaded any new vids in ages :-P

My half a dozen videos have earned about $5.70 since they asked if I want to take part about 18 months ago. You need to be getting hundreds of thousands of hits and the viewers have to actually click the on ads to make it worthwhile.

From what I've read, one of the ways you earn is by having the viewer(s) watch the advert (shown before your own video) for 30 seconds or longer. I have some useful skills and information I could share in tutorial form, there doesn't seem to be much of it (of what I have in mind, sorry not willing to share details on here) available on YouTube, I know there's demand for it though.

I've noticed that some YouTube ads can be skipped almost immediately and some you have to wait for 30 seconds or so before viewing the vid. Does anyone know how this works? Can you choose the length of your ads?

There are basically 4 different type of ads on YouTube.

If you choose to monitize your videos, you can choose which types you want to be displayed on your videos (by default one type is chosen for you), then an algorithm works out how much ad revenue you are due based on your video hit count, and the ratio of people who clicked the ads on your video, or watched them all the way through.

This all get added to your account, and when you amass £60 or more (within 12 months) you can withdraw. There is no specific number of clicks or views you need to hit to achieve that - it's different for each user. Looking at the analytics of my account just as a ballpark, 5 - 6000 views in a month roughly translates to £1. At that level I've obviously never managed to achieve £60 in a 12 month period!