Stranger danger in Brinsworth

Apparently a white van man asked school kids if they want a lift to school this morning in Brinsworth, around whitehill school!!. Has anyone else come across this. I understand we have to be extremely cautious with this kind of situation, as it puts our kids at risk.

I just could not stop wondering if the kids that reported it were making it up due to hearing about the wales incident (white van picked up 5 year old April), it just seems a coincidence that they come out with this.

its only been 4 weeks in term and one pen knife incident involving young girls and the above, is it bad luck or a bad school??? i am starting to wonder if it was a good idea sending my children there!!

Even so, we have to be careful everywhere.

It seems to be a problem in brinsworth, my 14 year old sister goes to brinsworth comp and was asked by a White van man if she wanted a lift last year when she was 13.

My younger brother goes to school at howarth and there has been a few reports of this around there.

We in Wincobank have had a circuling letter between 3/4 schools because of this it is true at Wincobank a man approached a girl 11 + yr old this girl has given a description to the police to my knowledge

Maybe he was just being friendly?

Maybe he was just being friendly?

Dont be talking crap like this.

Any self respecting adult male knows he cannot offer a lift to a child on their own.

IF the rumours are to be believed then someone attempted the same thing with a Hinde House pupil this week but given the sheer amount of these accusations (there's at least 1 a week) I'm afraid I question their validity.

Dont be talking crap like this.

Any self respecting adult male knows he cannot offer a lift to a child on their own.

IF the rumours are to be believed then someone attempted the same thing with a Hinde House pupil this week but given the sheer amount of these accusations (there's at least 1 a week) I'm afraid I question their validity.

You get these wild accusations all the time.

Its mostly just unfounded rumors which lead to certain groups of people being targeted .

You then get the council estate mentality gathering their pitchforks and flaming torches so to speak

have you informed the school or local plod?

If your children walk to school you could ask for a walking train to be organised such organisation has attracted local and lottery funding in the past with multiple starts at Tinsley and Catcliffe.

I have posted just to bump up this thread so more people see it. Anyone who notices anything suspicous should report it to the police. Hopefully someone will see it again and get the number plate before something serious happens.

Yet another "dodgy man in a van" thread :roll:

Yes last year it was Eastern Europeans in vans we were told to watch out,

I had a good look, but people got really annoyed when i stopped vans and asked if they were eastern european and wanted to give kids lifts!!

The police were informed straight away and investigated. They also had a presence yesterday in the area.

The school takes any reports seriously of any incidents. They can take place anywhere and yes there are instances where the allegations are fake but it is the school (not just Brinsworth's but all schools) responsibility to act accordingly.

whoopie please read my pm and if you want to discuss further pm me