Sonic Toothbrushes

What are the best sonic toothbrushes to go for without costing the earth, am looking for a major upgrade to manual brushing.

I've got the oral B one. Had it for years, and the battery is still good for about 3 weeks worth of brushing. I've changed the head of course many times in that period!

I've got the oral B one. Had it for years, and the battery is still good for about 3 weeks worth of brushing. I've changed the head of course many times in that period!

Same here, ive had mine for ages, its had 8 new heads and 3 new main handle bits.

Same here, ive had mine for ages, its had 8 new heads and 3 new main handle bits.

Is that like 'triggers' broom in only fools and horses?

Spot on :thumbsup:

Bit older than that,First Century story of the Ship of Theseus,Plutarch.

Bit older than that,First Century story of the Ship of Theseus,Plutarch.

Best toothbrush is Sonicare Flexcare.

I have had a Philips Sonicare for about 4 years. It has been great, but recently the rubber button has disintegrated and dropped inside. As a result, the little microswitch it made contact with has now broken so time to get a new one. I managed to rip the thing to bits, but repairing it is probably not an option. shame as the electronics work fine.

Anyway, I also need a new one. They are half price in Boots at the mo. I would not bother with the UV sanitiser rubbish, the £60 one seems the best deal to me.

The only thing that puts me off getting another one is the ridiculous price they charge for new heads. There is no justification for it. Apparently, the Oral B ones are cheaper, but I have not tried their sonic range. My mum has an Oral B electric one that was very expensive, but I think it's awful. Not a patch on the sonic ones.

What are the best sonic toothbrushes to go for without costing the earth, am looking for a major upgrade to manual brushing.

Electric toothbrushes are terrible for the environment with all the batteries and recharging :loopy: