Sign in to follow this  

Calling all Shiregreen Residents

We have not long had a house at Shiregreen only for the past 2 months. We are delighted to know that Sanctuary Housing have taken over Sheffield Homes for Shiregreen and that we have a grant to start making our homes better. Has anyone been to see the showhouse yet in Concord Road? I will be so glad when they start putting new windows in cos ours are absolutely disgusting, half of them wont open and them that do open wont shut properly, they have been mended that many times. Anyone know which part of Shiregreen they will be starting on when they do get started on the work?

Been living on Shiregreen for 14 years chuck....probably be another 14 years till they finish improvements!!!

More than likely but when Sanctuary take over in March they said within 5 years so you never know. For the time being we are disguising our windows with nets, blinds and whatever else we can find! Fingers crossed we will see something happening soon.:banana:

might be a glory era for shiregreen. Think some of these houses have gone long enough without a makeover and i personally think its about time these houses show off their sexy legs :thumbsup:

I dont know how enforced this decent homes for 2010 will be but just hope our end isnt in the later half of the 4 years, this house hasnt been touched since like the 60's and roll on the new windows :love:

Hello,

I am thinking of buying in this area? Is it quiet and ok (I am moving from Birmingham)

Any commnets appreciated :)

Hi Sqeaker

Get ready for the negative comments about Shiregreen.from some forumers.

Some parts of Shiregreen are not very nice ,stay away from being too close to the shopping areas as they tend to have alot of kids hanging around.

Some of the roads are quiet and there alot of decent people who care about where they live and take pride in their own properties.But like most areas it only takes a few not so nice people to bring the area down.

As Sanctuary are set to take over the management of the estate we should soon see a difference in the appearance of the estate both inside and out.Hopefully this will have a knock on effect and all the residents of Shiregreen will show a bit more pride in where they live.

Please pm me if you would like more info on specific roads.:goodluck:

Thanks for the info mate, I was thinking specifically about Shirehall road, it looked a nice road, I mean I don't expect anywhere to be trouble free, I do live in Birmingham after all :)