Could Sheffield be about to throw away £1million?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/breaking-police-find-cannabis-plants-worth-1-9-million-in-sheffield-drug-factory-1-4982862

CANNABIS plants worth £1.9 million have been found by police in Sheffield during the raid of a disused nightclub.

Officers discovered 1,966 plants in the former Fontana Club on Attercliffe Road, Attercliffe, on Friday morning.

Inspector Glen Suttenwood, of South Yorkshire Police, said: “This operation was sparked by members of the community voicing concerns about the strong smell of cannabis in the area.

“Acting on this information, officers have successfully seized cannabis plants of tremendously high value.

“Drugs crime is taken very seriously by South Yorkshire Police and we are dedicated to tackling those responsible.”

Two Sheffield men have been arrested.

Presumably this cannabis will be destroyed?

I'm not being funny, but it is as good as gold, it is a currency in it's own right. The police do tend to over estimate the price, but if they're saying there is nearly £2million worth, there is likely to be £1million.

What could they do with this? They could sell it to raise funds! And by doing so they would dent drug dealers profits. They could bring prices down and reduce acquisitive crimes!

£1million of cannabis that could easily be exchanged to generally law abiding pot heads (bar the law on pot) for cash, the cash which could in turn be used to improve local communties - jobs for the unemployed to improve neighbourhoods!

The jobs would stimulate the economy, improve communties, reduce the unemployment bill etc. etc.

Are we in danger of wasting a vital opportunity to raise publc funds to the tune of £1million?

Tell thee now, I would be more than happy to purchase some cannabis from the police if the money was used to fund public works in the community and improve neighbourhoods!

////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/breaking-police-find-cannabis-plants-worth-1-9-million-in-sheffield-drug-factory-1-4982862

I'm not being funny, but it is as good as gold, it is a currency in it's own right. The police do tend to over estimate the price, but if they're saying there is nearly £2million worth, there is likely to be £1million.

What could they do with this? They could sell it to raise funds! And by doing so they would dent drug dealers profits. They could bring prices down and reduce acquisitive crimes!

£1million of cannabis that could easily be exchanged to generally law abiding pot heads (bar the law on pot) for cash, the cash which could in turn be used to improve local communties - jobs for the unemployed to improve neighbourhoods!

The jobs would stimulate the economy, improve communties, reduce the unemployment bill etc. etc.

Are we in danger of wasting a vital opportunity to raise publc funds to the tune of £1million?

Tell thee now, I would be more than happy to purchase some cannabis from the police if the money was used to fund public works in the community and improve neighbourhoods!

You're assuming this crop was mature and ready for processing/sale and of good quality. The police will have estimated it's weight and extrapolated a value from that which as you state, Not something they are known for doing accurately. :)

Are you condoning Drug Dealing ?

Maybe they will incinerate it.

People of Sheffield lock your doors and windows.

And you'd also be happy to purchase some cannabis if it wasn't. :hihi:

This is the problem. And many many more too.

However I would rather profits were invested in social good. Given the chance to buy some pot off of the police to fund socially useful things I would.

There is plenty of things need doing, and plenty of people out of work wanting to work. It seems a shame to waste something that could be used to the advantage of us all.

Sell it to Holland

Are you condoning Drug Dealing ?

It is going to happen anyway.

If prices are driven high, then profits will be high and drug related crime will increase. People will fight over the profits, and a minority would steal to purchase it.

Cannabis has only been illegal here for 41 out of the past 900 years.

It shouldn't be illegal in the first place. There is no reason for it to be so. The illegality is causing the problems!

Sell it to Holland

Good idea!

That is +£1million to the UK.

Lower our deficit!

////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

Good idea!

That is +£1million to the UK.

Lower our deficit!

Yes I don't think the dutch would buy it but if they examined it and made sure it was safe then they could sell it at a cut price to the smokers in holland

So how would this work, I've never been into drugs, don't know the first thing about it.

Would I phone 999 and ask for the drugs squad?

Direct debit and post would probably be the way to do it, it would be cheap and allow for better management of the system. Regular cashflow would allow for regular wages to be paid to employees of this new social enterprise.

Long term social projects could be organised, planned and funded from such an arrangement.