EDL march in Rotherham: 13 October

Looks like it could all be about to kick off in Rotherham town centre on 13 October, now that the EDL have confirmed a large scale march through the town due to the recent revelations about grooming in the national press.

The news was printed in the Rotherham Advertiser and is also available on their website, but contains very little information.

May be best to avoid the area on that date, as I'm sure there will be clashes of some sort...

May be best to avoid the area on that date, as I'm sure there will be clashes of some sort...

Or it may be better to attend and show them one's support, it all depends on the individual's point of view.

Or it may be better to protest against the idiots.

Indeed, if that is the way one feels. We live in a democracy (allegedly).

Looks like it could all be about to kick off in Rotherham town centre on 13 October, now that the EDL have confirmed a large scale march through the town due to the recent revelations about grooming in the national press.

The news was printed in the Rotherham Advertiser and is also available on their website, but contains very little information.

I supose they have a right to have their opinions anf fears heard just like anyone else is.

People do need to have a voice regarding immigration etc.

However, having a bunch of football thugs doing it is a different thing alltogether.

Its beggars belief that none of the mainstream parties speak up for what many of us actually think.

EDL :loopy: im afraid.

People do need to have a voice regarding immigration etc.

However, having a bunch of football thugs doing it is a different thing alltogether.

Its beggars belief that none of the mainstream parties speak up for what many of us actually think.

EDL :loopy: im afraid.

You're quite right but there are democratic ways to express your objection to immigration. If you know who the EDL are and what they represent, by all means march in Rotherham, but I doubt most EDL supporters have any real clue what they're supporting.

I wish people wouldn't say that anyone with a political opinion that differs from their own are "idiots",

I don't support the EDL but I agree with a lot of what they say,but I also agree with some stuff the Left say,

Any trouble will be caused by the Left wing protesters as usual,

Why not just let them march and go on a "protest" another day ?

Maybe I'm being naïve ..

JJ..

I wish people wouldn't say that anyone with a political opinion that differs from their own are "idiots",

I don't support the EDL but I agree with a lot of what they say,but I also agree with some stuff the Left say,

Any trouble will be caused by the Left wing protesters as usual,

Why not just let them march and go on a "protest" another day ?

Maybe I'm being naïve ..

JJ..

I'm not referring to people with political opinions, I'm talking about people who just want to provoke and be involved in violence. They can't allow the EDL to march "another day" because they need thousands of police to protect them.

Biggest problem with the EDL is the anti facists. Although their hearts in the right place they see the best option to protest against them. Why not just ignore the EDL.

The EDL thrive on attention and trouble. Ignoring them will take the fizzle out of the protest. They will quickly dissapate.

Southend United will be in town too. Better get some more hot dogs in.

Biggest problem with the EDL is the anti facists. Although their hearts in the right place they see the best option to protest against them. Why not just ignore the EDL.

The EDL thrive on attention and trouble. Ignoring them will take the fizzle out of the protest. They will quickly dissapate.

Peace in our time