Dreamcast Must have Accessories/Mods?

There's a reason they go for that (besides NeoGeo sticks, they're the Rolls-Royce of console sticks and increasingly like gold dust )...

...But then, you could always hack an old DC pad (or two), get hold of some cheap arcade parts off fleaBay, and use some carpentry skills ;)

Whilst I'm back here: OP, you need a wheel, Crazy Taxi, F355 and Daytona as well :D

Not sure which wheel was best for the DC (there weren't any great ones, if memory serves, and unfortunately).

i know that lmao.

im after getting a game called typing of the dead, but only way to get it is by importing it.

was thinking of getting the mouse too and buying Quake 3 Arena. its a shame there wernt many games that supported the keyboard and mouse.

the console was such a powerfull and amazing machine, just a shame it had such a short life span.

everytime i fire up the dreamcast, theres something different with it, i get a good gaming feeling that i only get with the dreamcast. i never feel bored with playing it either.

The dreamcast was such an amazing console, not only did it have good graphics but also had a very good software libary.

nearly all the games had good replay value, they were all amazing gameplay wise.

The dreamcast was such an amazing console, not only did it have good graphics but also had a very good software libary.

nearly all the games had good replay value, they were all amazing gameplay wise.

to me its the best console ever made. i never had one from new, i got one for first time about 3yrs ago and loved it ever since. i use to play on my mates all the time on ready to rumble.

shenmue still to this day amazes me. at the time wernt it the most expensive game ever made? was so advanced and ahead for its time.

For the most, they were arcade-perfect ports of games designed for arcades, so necessarily with strong replay appeal/value.

The DC shared its architecture with Sega's Naomi arcade system: nearly every Naomi title eventually made it to a GD-Rom, and nearly all of these are DC's must-haves.

Sega, outclassed as they may have been in the corporate stakes by Sony and Nintendo where consoles are concerned, had long been -and remain to this day- the grand masters of arcade gaming: small wonder they should know how to make a good arcade game ;)

I've lost track of how many DCs I've had over the years, and I had one from day one. I keep buying then selling them (just like N64s), maybe I should have someone look at my OCD :D:gag:

I'm into full-size cabs now, and one I've been after a good while now is, unsurprisingly, a Naomi or NNC unit.

Edited by L00b
added linky

i would love a sega arcade cabinet with Capcom Vs SNK Millenium Fight 2000 on or Soul Calibur.

I had one from day one, i remember. well my mom went in, i got it from electronics boutique at meadowhall with sonic adventure 1, BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER

i remember when my mate first got it at launch and being amazed that it had a fan lol.

we was both like :o its got a fan.

i would love a sega arcade cabinet with Capcom Vs SNK Millenium Fight 2000 on or Soul Calibur.
Was by Namco, not Sega ;)

Credit where it's due, they did a better-than-sterling job of adapting it on DC (the DC version looks better than the original arcade version!)

I loved that game so much on DC, I've since got hold of the arcade board - just need to make a kick harness to get 'block' to work :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

i was amazed at the actual operating system, it was something we had never really seen before on consoles.

Long live the dreamcast!

Was by Namco, not Sega ;)

(and yes, I loved that game so much on DC, I've since got hold of the arcade board - just need to make a kick harness to get 'block' to work)

what i meant to put was an arcade cabinet with a sega machine playing the dreamcast versions.

i was amazed at the actual operating system, it was something we had never really seen before on consoles.

Long live the dreamcast!

what about the basic UI of the ps1. i know it only had memory card and cd player on it bit was still amazed because it was the first console i had with that style of boot up and home screen.

i like the bouncing animation of the icons on the dreamcasts dashboard.

the games i have for mine (prices are what ive seen em going for on console passion, a slight hint of rarity)

Chu chu rocket - £3

ECW hardcore revolution

House of the dead 2

MSR (Metropolis street racer) - £12

Resident evil:code veronica - £9.99

Roadsters

Shadowman

Soul calibur

WF attitude

i only buy cheap tho from charity shops and second hand in game shops, i bought my dreamcast from a charity shop, think it was a tenner if i remember right, minus tv lead, got one off somebody off a forum.

i got a boxed keyboard too, if i remember rightly ive got a light gun too, seem to remember playing house of the dead with it, its all in the loft tho so i cant remember