Dreamcast Must have Accessories/Mods?

just been looking at DC VGA boxes on ebay. really annoyed now that i sold mine on here for a tenner. they are going for around £42 now :rant:

I would have sold you mine but i sold mine on ebay without box :/ if i happen to find any ill give you a PM

I would have sold you mine but i sold mine on ebay without box :/ if i happen to find any ill give you a PM

im skint mate. im jobless so got no dosh.

I miss my Dreamcast :(. NFL2k, Soul Calibur and Shenmue were awesome!

Well, I've been playing on it and the memories have flooded back.

Changed the batteries in the VMU's and now it doesn't scream at me when I turn it on.

Well, I've been playing on it and the memories have flooded back.

Changed the batteries in the VMU's and now it doesn't scream at me when I turn it on.

Ive stopped replacing mine because i end up not using the dreamcast for a while and then wen i do, they are flat again.

i was amazed at the actual operating system, it was something we had never really seen before on consoles.

Long live the dreamcast!

what about the basic UI of the ps1. i know it only had memory card and cd player on it bit was still amazed because it was the first console i had with that style of boot up and home screen.

i like the bouncing animation of the icons on the dreamcasts dashboard.

The Saturn had an impressive 'OS' and predates both. The spaceship on the CD player was ace, and you could mess about with the pitch of the music for some reason. Think it had voice cancelling too but it wasn't particulary effective.

Trying to think what the 1st console I had with a dashboard of sorts was, probably PC Engine CD-ROM followed by Sega Mega-CD.

Ive stopped replacing mine because i end up not using the dreamcast for a while and then wen i do, they are flat again.

If only they'd built a charge circuit into the controller :( Great idea let down by needing an endless supply of CR2032s.

There's a mod that lets you use four AA batteries, hardly practical though.

I've just scored a Dreamcast with a bunch of games and accessories for about £35, so I'm now on the lookout for essential accessories and mods.

Looking out for a Broadband adapter, but these are £££££££!!!

Going to do the internal VGA mod, but is there anything else people recommend?

Dreamshell and a simple motherboard mod allows you to change the BIOS region and video output, so you can take advantage of cheap imports or games that never made it over here, or play shoddy PAL ports at 60Hz.

Clicky.