Little white rabbit living on the Ponderosa.

For the past few weeks there has been a little white rabbit loose on the Ponderosa Park, clearly an escaped pet. As I fear for the life of this small white rabbit owing to the prevalence of irresponsible dog owners and foxes I have had a couple of attempts at catching the poor thing but without success; it is fairly tame but it won't let me get too close to it.

How do I go about catching it, I was told that someone has tried contacting the RSPCA but they have refused to help.

Any ideas?

Edited by NorthernStar

Leave it be its probably happy ,it may live for for a few months before the winter gets it but thats a better life than three years locked in a hutch . If you insist on catching it try ginger biscuits and a large landing net that worked with our rabbit and that was basically wild.

It lives at The Philadelphia. They let it roam around and it comes home of it's own accord

I saw a white one running loose up Redmires a few months ago.

It lives at The Philadelphia. They let it roam around and it comes home of it's own accord

what irresponsibile owners grrrrr

what irresponsibile owners grrrrr

Why? That's going to be a happy rabbit- far more so than a lot of the rabbits stuck in cages their whole lives. Also, possibly more happy than many wild rabbits, as it's got the best of both worlds- free to roam to it's hearts content, then back home for some food and a warm place to sleep :)

Don't chase it down any holes... you don't know where you'll end up!

Leave it be its probably happy ,it may live for for a few months before the winter gets it but thats a better life than three years locked in a hutch

Agreed. Live free or die trying!

It might survive winter though. Instinct could take over and it might dig a burrow and search for edible winter plants.

There used to be a wild white rabbit living on the large roundabout at the end of Europa Way. I'm not sure if it's still alive, I haven't seen it there for about twelve months.

this white rabbbit i see in the mornings behind phili club,went up to look at it and it went into the houses behind the club,so it must live somewere about there

delivered to phili today and mentioned this

its not hers. they have no rabbits, chickens, ducks etc

they used to but everyone who walked past seemed to see fit in phoning the rspca and complain that they werent looked after (which they was) because they where allowed to wander on the front and sometimes like all animals do escape

well it wont survive for a long time running free. it will be eaten by foxes or dogs, or run over.

why does it have to be running free or locked in a cage??? why cant it be looked after properly with adequate housing and exercise.

i have 2 rabbits and wouldnt dream of letting them run free.