Did anyone go to the Meadowhall job fair?

I went on the 26th of September and had to wait in a queue of around 70 people - when you finally got into the room which was the job fair (it was packed) there was only six jobs up.

According to a guard, on the 25th a hundred people came to the job fair and that they were expecting another 50 on top of the 70 people on the 26th and the same for the 27th.

After filling in a few job forms and handing them in - you were told "We will contact you if anything comes up" So much for the job center saying "There are hundreds of jobs going so, dress smarty for an interview, you may get a few"

Did anyone else go? and if so, what was your experience like?

I went on Thursday, and was very disappointed. I too went dressed ready for interviews as I was told by my advisor that most of the companies would be there meeting people.

On the day, after quite a long queue (only letting in 12 at a time and there were at least 60 there) there were a few A4 sheets on the wall, but when you looked at them closer, they were the same 4 or 5 jobs just duplicated.

I was also told to take a lot of C/V's so I printed quite a few out, and not a single one was needed. It was all forms, or apply online. I spend about 15 minutes there and I was out again.

I'm going to an advisor meeting next week, and I'm going to tell my advisor how much of a waste of time, and tram fare, I think it was.

Complain to management directly at Meadowhall You can do this by email or by post When you are all geared up for an interview or at least the hope of job this is appalling treatment.

Unfortunatley this seems to happen every year. Its best to apply direct to the shops There used to be a job site on the meadowhall website not sure if thats still the case. Good Luck to everyone

I went on Thursday, and was very disappointed. I too went dressed ready for interviews as I was told by my advisor that most of the companies would be there meeting people.

On the day, after quite a long queue (only letting in 12 at a time and there were at least 60 there) there were a few A4 sheets on the wall, but when you looked at them closer, they were the same 4 or 5 jobs just duplicated.

I was also told to take a lot of C/V's so I printed quite a few out, and not a single one was needed. It was all forms, or apply online. I spend about 15 minutes there and I was out again.

I'm going to an advisor meeting next week, and I'm going to tell my advisor how much of a waste of time, and tram fare, I think it was.

Your not the only one complaining, is seems everyone who went are. But when I see my advisor next week, I'll ask for my tram fare back. they won't I bet.

Yes me too, what a bloody farce! Room not big enough with hardly any jobs.

Yep, but the job center are having a laugh - up to a hundred jobs they say and I bet all the jobs on the boards had already gone the day before the job fair. And was it just me or were the staff judging us like dogs at a dog show?

Yeh I also got the impression we were being judged, and looked down on. The person I spoke to didn't seem willing to believe me about my past work history, making out I wouldn't have been there lookin for a job if I really had the experience that I do!

Just a quick note - I did complain to the job center and was surprised that they gave my travel fare back, on top of that it turns out that a lot of people had complained. They even said sorry to me.

I don't know why people say there aren't any jobs. I work in Meadowhall and just in our shop, the wall is always filled with vacancies in the store.

Other shops must be the same, there's tons of jobs going.

I don't know why people say there aren't any jobs. I work in Meadowhall and just in our shop, the wall is always filled with vacancies in the store.

Where Do u work?

Which shop are you working at in Meadowhall?

Um, that's funny. If there is as many jobs as you say there are. Why did the job fair only have a few jobs up?