Best used car dealer in Sheffield or near?

Since the thread was some time ago, I doubt they need the information anymore, however, for anyone that does:

I've used the fella on City Road (City Road Motors?) for a car and he was a very sound fella and the car was fine for the 2 years I had it. I bought my current car from Evens Halshaw, they also seem fine up to now.

I have recently passed my driving test, and want to get my first car. I want something decent (i.e. not a rust bucket), but my budget is likely to be around £4000. Been looking at Autotrader for things like the Fiesta, Yaris, Ka etc. and found a few I like, but not sure which local dealers are considered to be reputable.

Any advice on where to go, or possibly avoid, would be great!

try the Sheffield star

Thanks, but I'm trying to avoid buying privately. I want to get a good finance deal and also hopefully a bit of a warranty, while avoiding insurance hassle around test drives.

I have bought used cars from Carr Motors and Woodseat Motors in the past without any problems

Devonshire motors Handsworth. I'd personal avoid woodseats motors had issues in passed

I have recently passed my driving test, and want to get my first car. I want something decent (i.e. not a rust bucket), but my budget is likely to be around £4000. Been looking at Autotrader for things like the Fiesta, Yaris, Ka etc. and found a few I like, but not sure which local dealers are considered to be reputable.

Any advice on where to go, or possibly avoid, would be great!

Have you considered a new car on PCP. We recently got a brand new Skoda Citigo SE (same as VW Up!) for £99 deposit and £99/month. Cheaper than borrowing £4000 over 3 years and you have a new car with 3 years warranty. At the end of the term you can buy it (for around £4500 or just give it back and get a new one.

Have you considered a new car on PCP.

Not sure if there are conditions on how long you need to have held your driving licence.

Not sure if there are conditions on how long you need to have held your driving licence.

Fair point, but I think they just need you to insure it fully comp.

Insurance for new drivers doesn't seem to make much difference with the value of the vehicle. It will cost £900 - £1200 for a banger or a new car.

The OP would have to check.

What is servicing cost like over the 3 years ?

What is servicing cost like over the 3 years ?

About £500 I think, but any car would require servicing if you want it to last.

Consider no MOT's and unlikely to need tyres, brakes, exhaust unless doing high mileages.

Where did you get the 99 price at the Skoda website is coming back at 149 ? Thanks