Best used car dealer in Sheffield or near?

Some place reliable so I can take a bus (or call a cab) there and buy a car from?

Depends what you're looking for. I've dealt with Woodseats Road motors on a couple of occasions and found them to be trustworthy with reasonable stock. Carrs motors at Shalesmoor also have a good reputation and have been in business for years.

i or members of my family have in the past purchased cars from the following;belgrave motors tinsley, crosspool car centre, crosspool, and further away lidgett car sales hoyland common . All the vehicles have been fine and given no problems.

i or members of my family have in the past purchased cars from the following;belgrave motors tinsley, crosspool car centre, crosspool, and further away lidgett car sales hoyland common . All the vehicles have been fine and given no problems.

Have seen a car at a company named Burrows that has come to Sheffield that I am interested in,has anyone got any feedback on buying from them please.

Thanks.

Some place reliable so I can take a bus (or call a cab) there and buy a car from?

Your cutting yur options a bit by only going to places you can get public transport to.

Find a decent place and ill take you to have a look at a few.

Just chip in a bit for fuel and ill be happy.

I also dont mind waiting around a bit for you to test drive a few

Let me know :)

Autotrader,

Don't stay local, i recently bought a car from a used dealer in manchester, give them a call in advance, I booked train tickets in advance (day before) which saved me a fortune, nearly 50%, then a quick call to the dealer and they agreed to collect me from their local train station, simples!

Guest busdriver1

Any car dealer only sells what he buys, if it turns out to be a crock thats the luck of the draw. You can get good cars from "bad" dealers and bad cars from "good" dealers.

I am sure that there are some who will assure us that they only sell good cars.

What do they do with the ones that turn out to be less than perfect?

Think about it.

The garage across from City Road cemetery. I bought my car from there (luckily found exactly what I was looking for, and only a short tram ride) the old fella there was nice enough, even knocked me some cash off.

He gave me a months warranty with the car and told me if anything goes wrong in that month take it back and he'll try and sort it, got me the log book through quick enough as well, unfortunately it's been fine for these few months so I couldn't get myself a free repair on something :P

I'd buy from him again, but it's unlikely he'll have what I want in again. I'm glad he was alright to be honest, 'cos this was the first car I'd ever bought properly. Can't remember the name, but if you find it, they got a site I think